Sign in to follow this  
soarer260@hotmail.com

Uprated E36 325i Fuel pump

Out of interest - why do you want a higher flow pump than the factory unit? Is the car/engine modified?

If not, there will be no gain in changing as the standard pump will deliver way more fuel than the engine ever requires.

Changing to a V8 engine.

:rolleyes:

Quite likely to still have required pressure/volume delivery for a wee 8. These pumps produce 2.5 - 3 litres per min anyway. Most fuel returns to tank via pressure regulator

otherwise you could trade the fuel level sender for another fuel pump. All you need to do there is twist the fuel level sender on the passenger side. otherwise it bolts right in. You'd have to use the white fuel pumps with the return line built in. Not sure if you can drill through the blue fuel pumps to create a return line

Quite likely to still have required pressure/volume delivery for a wee 8. These pumps produce 2.5 - 3 litres per min anyway. Most fuel returns to tank via pressure regulator

In stock form perhaps, but this V8 is tweaked running a supercharger and after market ECU.

I sourced a pump today anyway. :)

In stock form perhaps, but this V8 is tweaked running a supercharger and after market ECU.

I sourced a pump today anyway. :)

You've kept this quiet... pictures please ? :D

You've kept this quiet... pictures please ? :D

Not too much to show yet, Just working on the LS400 V8 half cut I recently got, sorting out and refreshing that engine while its in the old body, just got it running earlier this week. Goes very well. Currently I am designing the manifold/inlets for a low boost M90 roots supercharger setup, which I will pass on to mate to fabricate to my specifications

Next step I will take is buying a stuffed E36 to take to my mechanic where he will sort out getting the engine/gearbox mounts and exhaust headers made up using some dead 1UZFE blocks from his drag car. Then I can use these parts and drop them straight in my 325i. Be on the hunt for a E36 body sometime next month, shouldn't be too hard to get a good deal since these damn things are everywhere.

:rolleyes: