Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

M5 - TBC

This is my uncles old one, it's been sitting for sale in CHCH since Christmas, must be a sign of the times.

Anyhoo, I got talking to a salesman there and they are uber keen to get rid of it. They are basically doing a 5k difference on my current BMW X5, an X5 I paid 61 for, and have spent about 4k on performance & wheel/tyre upgrades which I know I won't get back. They will also chuck in a 12 month comprehensive warranty that will cover the M5 for any breakages which is about 1500 bucks alone. I've only been in the car once when he first got it and this was without the M mode on, it was extremely powerful without it and a very nice unit to ride in.

I've had a E60 525i before, not that the performances will be anything similar however. Reason I wanted a X5 was for versatility, towing/weekends/crib which is 130km away, however we've been to the crib once this year since Christmas making my 20k investment in a brand new ATV and custom built trailer redundant, my ATV has done 370km in total since I bought it new last year in November FFS! So I'm thinking if the X5 goes that I'm going to sell these aswell.

I really like the X5 it's been the best car I've ever owned & I've had alot of cars.

Step into my office

Edited by Clinton

Guest Simon*

I'm sure I bet the X5 would last less than 3 months! Where's my prize?!!! :D

ATV is a land-jetski. Waste of money in my opinion sorry ;) Besides if you had an M5, everything else is going to pale in comparison!

Do it man you are an inspiration to all the mere mortals who own a car for longer than 6 weeks, childs play, is the changeover $5k their way or yours.

I would hang onto the bike and trailer unless you can get most of your money back.

I really like the X5 it's been the best car I've ever owned & I've had alot of cars.

Please start a thread with a list to prove it.

I would call BMW and just get a refresh on what needs to be done at near 100,000kw and find out what has been done, just so you can account for a possible $10,000 bill hear or a “that’s not covered under warranty†there.

Always the optimist.

Please start a thread with a list to prove it.

I would call BMW and just get a refresh on what needs to be done at near 100,000kw and find out what has been done, just so you can account for a possible $10,000 bill hear or a “that’s not covered under warranty†there.

Always the optimist.

Fark I understood none of that! Quit your jibber jabber fool.

post-2864-1274236302.jpg

Edited by Clinton

Do it.

I would call BMW to see what needs to be done at near 100k and find out what has been done, just so you can avoid a possible $10,000 bill or a “that’s not covered under warrantyâ€.

And this.

But still, do it.

Guys,

He's only going to own it for 3 months, It won't even make it to 100,000!!

Nice car tho mate, enjoy it

If it's you Uncle's car, can you not just deal with him direct and sell the X5, cutting out the middle man and saving some $$$s?

I guess this way you get the warranty, which maybe you can't if you buy private. I think the previous posts have it spot on, get them to not only bring the servicing up to date, but also do any major service items that are due shortly to save on the bill in a few months.

I just spoke to BMW. They say that the car needs to be plugged into a BMW diagnostics computer to view what needs to be done. They told me that they don't have a shelf or km life, it's when they are tired and the computer will print out what needs done. He's advised a BMW pre-purchase inspection.

If it's you Uncle's car, can you not just deal with him direct and sell the X5, cutting out the middle man and saving some $$$s?

I guess this way you get the warranty, which maybe you can't if you buy private. I think the previous posts have it spot on, get them to not only bring the servicing up to date, but also do any major service items that are due shortly to save on the bill in a few months.

He traded the car late last year :) Also they are wanting 5k in their direction which means I get my money back for my car that I paid in FEB.

Guest Simon*

He's advised a BMW pre-purchase inspection.

I would advise that too. Very strongly

I vote more than 2 but less than 4 months ;)

Any way of seeing if the car has blue tooth for mobile phones?

Has:

• Dual Climate Control

• DVD

• TV

• Cruise Control

• In-Car Phone

• Parking Sonar

• Tyre Pressure monitor

• Heated Seats

• Electric Memory Seats

• Auto Xenon Headlamps/Auto wipers

• Navigation

• UO Heads up display

• CD Player

• CD Stacker

• Sunroof

• Dynamic Stability control

• 8 Airbags

post-2864-1274238544.jpg

post-2864-1274238551.jpg

post-2864-1274238556.jpg

post-2864-1274238562.jpg

post-2864-1274238568.jpg

post-2864-1274238573.jpg

post-2864-1274238579.jpg

He's only going to own it for 3 months, It won't even make it to 100,000!!

3 months of having "BMW M5 5.0 V10" under his username tho, huge e-penis.

Fark I understood none of that! Quit your jibber jabber fool.

Please start a thread with a list to prove it. Was a joke. Maybe just write a list and post it as your signature. Im sure someone got it. If not I apologise and will tone down the sarcasm in future.

Basically get it checked out and be aware of the cost of some heavy wear high cost items like the clutch, if this has not been replaced at near 100,000km you could be in for a shock as they are not covered by a warranty. There is a reason these are dropping in price quicker than the surplus 2010 Bimmersport wall calendars.

Actually, just ignore that advice and drive it like you stole it, what do I care!

3 months of having "BMW M5 5.0 V10" under his username tho, huge e-penis.

Hahaha!

Mates of mine shake their head every time I get a new car, I just tell them I've been with the same woman for 11210920120911029019092.7 years I can change my cars every 3 months.

Haha nice, I like that. Fully justified.

After some lengthy discussions with wife (wife that wants an X5 not an M5 :( ) we've decided that comon sense & practicality must prevail. The X5 covers everything I need at the moment, the M5 would be a great toy though.

I suggest that if anybody is in the mood for an M5 then this is a bargain if you look around.

LOL sincere apologies. I might be able to cough that up on the fuel savings :P

What a sucker... What was there to even discuss? :P

Wife mainly. They rekon they have the right to have a say aswell, dunno who came up with that. She's kinda ok with me getting an E70 when the come into the 80k price bracket, so I'm frantically looking for a decent NZ New 3.0sd but nothing around!

I'd own it this weekend but I must admit that the X5 is a far more practical unit.

Edited by Clinton

No one will thank you for not buying it.

Hey it has near 100,000km and it a new M-Car, think of it as dodging a bullet.

No one will thank you for not buying it.

Hey it has near 100,000km and it a new M-Car, think of it as dodging a bullet.

Yeah mate, the X5 has had no issues, it's been trouble free motoring. Driving today in today's weather down here illustrated to me that the M5 would have been as good as a vagina full of cold snow. Even worse with the winter coming along.