Sign in to follow this  
robert.fowler

E34 540i wanted to buy

As most 540's are in Auckland and i am at the other end of the island,does anyone know anything about these two 540's on trademe.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-290473336.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-288996922.htm

Cheers for any help

The green one is a members car IIRC.

Green one looks nice. I think an NZ new 540 will be much more desirable than the jap equivalent

I agree the nz new is more desirable,has anyone seen it in the flesh or willing to have a look for me.

Not interested in buying sight unseen

Cant beat that cream with wood trim interior

It may be nothing but........with the black '95, i would be asking why the handle on the shifter has been taken off and replaced the wrong way 'round.

It may be nothing but........with the black '95, i would be asking why the handle on the shifter has been taken off and replaced the wrong way 'round.

cheers

didnt notice

There is (was?) a white E34 540 on trademe Schnitzer alloys, clear lights front and rear, tints at around 190K km. Was listed about a week ago- can't remember price. Tt was my old car (from Auckland but is somewhere central or southern part of North Island and was a good'n. Can't find listing but can vouch for it

Have seen it and have talked to the owner.looks pretty good nz new, 1 owner, low km's and the throwing stars look pretty awesome and they came on the car from new

Are you going to buy it?!

Yeah, just pulling your leg mate :)

I would go for it if it's as good as others are saying.

The genuine rims alone are worth somewhere in the region of 1k-1.5k in my opinion.

Just get it booked in to Chc BMW for a pre purchase & ask the mechanic to phone you after the inspection so you can discuss it(very important you chat to him).

Throwing stars??? mmm the worst looking alloy after turbines, just buy it (if checks out) & fit Alpina alloys.

Guest Simon*

Haha Boris!

If you buy the car and don't want the Turbine II's (Throwing Stars) then we should talk ;)

Guest Simon*

I see someone called "Robert" from Levin has hit reserve on TM ;)

Well done Sir, fingers crossed

Nice! Good luck (assuming you're name is Robert)!!

As Simon says (no joke implied :P), if you're not keen on the T-Stars we can talk...but he has first dibs

I think that bidder is 68gtmustang – man I'm tempted, might be better than mine. I mean how often to you get to buy a car like that off the first owner?

Guest Simon*

Ring him and seal the deal at $7K now perhaps? Not unethical seeing as you're leading bidder

Yeah, I think $7k is great value, however you might get a few bids at the death to $7500 – $8k, its really not a lot for that much motor. Did you get a pre-purchase check? I think it'll need a new set of feet pretty soon, at 3.5mm average all round, and remember you DO need to buy good quality rubber ($250 each) don't buy cheap tyres as you'll get the shimmy (can be front or back), and the shimmy sucks.

MrD