Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Off the shelf sound insulation

Has anyone brought any of this before? Or know any alternatives?

A lot like this:

http://www.dynamat.com/

Have found the New Zealand supplier, but wondered if anyone has any personal experience.

Cheers

Edited by Hellpina

Works well.

A bulk pack with a deal off NZICE (car audio forum) was $400, which would do two doors, boot, and a couple of other panels. This was a little while ago though.

Some of the serious guys have lined their floors with it, and apparently it makes it mega quiet.

^ Cheers man.

Yeah I am mainly after it for the floor as I have removed the factory sound deadening during rust removal, finding it far to noisy to drive on the road already, and am thinking about not 'tracking' the car at all so looking for a solution.

Thanks

We did our whole camaro in dynamat, it is fantastic stuff and works really well.However its really sharp when trying to cut it into shape etc and the little dynamat roller is worth its weight in gold!

^ Where abouts did you source it from Sam? Online?

have got it in my car. reduces vibration and reduces road noise

Okay sweet. The question I really need answered is where does everyone source it from?

Edited by Hellpina

Yup, i've heard good things about dynamat... works well to stop your boot rattling from having the subs too loud ive heard, from the vibration reducing qualitys.

Can totally understand where your coming from re: the noise once sound deadening is removed, my E30 is quite loud inside and it can be difficult to hold a conversation at motorway speeds, even with the stock exhaust! Wouldnt dare try playing music in it (if i even could haha, no stereo ;))

yeah you can buy it in bulk from pauls audio, or online from dynamat.co.nz or somthing simialr, repco sells it too

I see you're in welly, pretty sure Slap will have some or will be able to order it in, the owner has a E38 with full dynamat