Sign in to follow this  
sik bm

gear skick bushes

The bushes in my gear stick are worn done, making the gear stick sloppy.. i was wondering if anyone knew where this could be fixed and how much??

Depends on which bush or bush's that need replacing

Even though changing gearstick bushes are usually straight forward, unless you know what you are doing or looking for, you are best to take it in and get them changed...from experience changing GS bushes(non Bmw) it's usually the selector linkage bushes that get soft and deteriorate making it sloppy side to side.

I have also found getting them machined for you out of eurothane instead of rubber oem ones are cheaper as well as a more resilient option.

Even though changing gearstick bushes are usually straight forward, unless you know what you are doing or looking for, you are best to take it in and get them changed...from experience changing GS bushes(non Bmw) it's usually the selector linkage bushes that get soft and deteriorate making it sloppy side to side.

I have also found getting them machined for you out of eurothane instead of rubber oem ones are cheaper as well as a more resilient option.

yes thas the problem i have the sloppy side to side, do you know where i can get the bushes made of eurothane from? as i dont know where to get this stuff done thanks

was someone doing a GB on them a few months ago on them. In for round 2 if the seller wants to do another GB

yes thas the problem i have the sloppy side to side, do you know where i can get the bushes made of eurothane from? as i dont know where to get this stuff done thanks

Talk to an engineering co with a lathe, most should be able to do it...Farrah Fabrication down here did mine.

A lot of Subaru guys get them done down here as well, as subbys are renowned for failed GS bushes!! cost around $20 depending on how many sets you get made!

if you measure up your linkages you could get them from dotmar engineering plastics (used to be in glenfield) I think they are over the bridge somewhere now.

They actually have some nylon or acetal bushes that are a good fit and just need to be drilled out.

if you measure up your linkages you could get them from dotmar engineering plastics (used to be in glenfield) I think they are over the bridge somewhere now.

They actually have some nylon or acetal bushes that are a good fit and just need to be drilled out.

Cool thanks alot for that :)

was someone doing a GB on them a few months ago on them. In for round 2 if the seller wants to do another GB

keen depending on price.