Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Rb25 E36

Hey guys,

I've been comtemplating going to have a look at this Here as it kind of ticks the right boxs for me. Its got the ability for easy upgrades to make more power, hasn't got heaps of big gauges and crap and looks like a reasonabley tidy swap.

However, I am always abit sketchy about finishing off someone elses project.

What are you guys thoughts?

It appears the car is 100% complete so id be questioning the reasoning for not getting a cert. id hazard a guess there something thats going to prevent it getting one and they seller cant be bothered fixing it?

know the guy/autosparky place that wired this up or did some work on it,could possibly get you in touch with him if you end up looking at it seriously, he may know something about it, fairly sure the owner of this car is a relative to the owner of eurowreck.

I had a peek at that listing last night, pretty cool idea. Can't you get a pre-cert check of sorts?

The best thing to do is ring him and find out. His number is listed on the auction. If he sounds iffy/sketchy give it a miss.

Looks like a really tidy and well though out conversion. I especially like the crinkle finish paint he used on the rocker covers, nothing flashy.

If you can get that car wof'd reg'd and certed for under $10g, I think that's a bargain.

Would need to buy an LSD though!

I had a peek at that listing last night, pretty cool idea. Can't you get a pre-cert check of sorts?

Even if we went halves in a cert check which is around $400 from memory and that could act as a pre-purchase inspection.

It's been up on tardme for awhile so that slightly concerns me too.

Re being on trademe for awhile, maybe many hesitating over cert like you? or the guy is just being stubborn and doesnt want anything to do with it's getting a cert etc

Seems okay, but I don't see the point of a nasty Nissan I6...

Never liked those engines, at least a 1JZGTE or 2JZGTE Toyota engine if going for a Japanese I6 to replace the stock motor.

Also being a 4 door it's instantly worth a lot less than a 2 door, they look bland.

2JZGTE! yes please, 2jz+Cage+ E36 Coupe=AWESOME