Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

E30 HELP NEEDED URGENTLY!

Calling all E30 owners.

I've got an E30 318 auto here that i'm painting and i can't unlock it', dead locked.

Locked it up last night, but as i was walking away the locks seemed to be goin' spastic, went out this morn' and i can't unlock the drivers door. I did manage to unlock passengers door, wound down drivers window, car starts ok and all windows work but can't unlock the other 3 doors.

Any ideas guys?

Is the drivers lock in "deadbolt" mode? that would be turned all of the way to the left.

Mine gets stuck in there and won't come out sometimes.

put key in drivers door and slight it side to side while you try and turn it clockwise into up and down position. Some people have said htat lifting the handle helps but I didnt really thinkso. Freshly cut key seemed to help also.

Is the drivers lock in "deadbolt" mode? that would be turned all of the way to the left.

Sure f*^kin' is mate.

boot shouldnt be attached to deadlock, should just be able to turn left and press in button.

Man that is weird. I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago, I ended up pulling door cards and got rid of the central locking modules which were stuck in deadlock.. Then maybe a week or so ago I got a text from Blair saying it happened to him.

Must be goin' round :blink:

Dont say that... last thing I need is for mine to be deadlocked - just be another reason to destroy it :lol:

^^ must be the wet weather playing with the electrical side of thing's , ive noteced im starting to sell alot of heater taps's and wiper motors.

Hey if the keys not working on the doors which i have never come across before, try using the alarm button. The big button works the central locking and has never givin me any problems, should unlock the boot aswell. Try ta do something nice for the car and it packs a sad. wtf ?!

^ your car has this feature aftermarket. E30s didnt come factory with remote locking. Chances are his alarm/remote will be different to yours, if he even has one

I've found that If my car is stuck in deadbolt, it disables the aftermarket alarm too. (will arm/disarm) but the locks won't budge.

I've been f*^kin' with the locks for the last hour with no luck.

Here's what it's doin' now.

Key in drivers door, turn 90 degrees to the left, the pass' front door and petrol flap lock, take key out. Key back in turn to left again and pass' door and flap unlock.

Can lock/unlock pass' front door with key.

Can't unlock boot no matter what you do.

Alarm does nothin' with the locks, just arm/dis-arm alarm.

Pulled speaker down in drivers kick panel to have a look at the central lock unit and holy f*^k what a mess, someone has tapped into with the alarm but god knows what they've done.

I really hope it wasn't any of you guys on here that had it before Jamie cos whoever did that alarm needs shooting with a ball of their own sh*t.

Now another thing is, when i take things off a car to paint eg: wipers, reg plates etc, i put them in the boot.

So now i can't get that stuff out which sucks.

Edited by bellicose

Man what a pita for you John we are sorry about all this. Sounds to me like its the battery causing the issue like I explained at work today. We got a battery at work that Jamie can have for a box of bourbons. We will bring that out and see how it goes. Might come out tommorow afternoon if that cool?

Luke ;)

It's all painted, so will spend the day trying to get the doors and boot open today. May try the battery, sounds feasible lol.

Luke (boost junkie) and Jaime just left with the car.

Back seats out, pull off insulation, smack the centre spot welded panel out with a hammer, push the boot liner panel outa the way and then rumage 'round for all the bits lol keeping in mind this was done with the back doors closed. Got them all, Jamies car all back together and gone.

There's some dodgy sh*t wiring wise in that car. We found a fully wired up diesel glow plug timer under the bonnet, don't know wtf that's about lol.

fully wired diesel glow plug timer, hahahahah epic! maybe someone was building a time machine?!