Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

Tv settings for e39?

Hi fellas, I have a NZ new e39 with the widescreen tv however I struggle to get TV reception. I was wanting to know what settings everyone has theirs set to? region etc

I think I have it set to pal & Australia Zone as there is no NZ but I can only get grainy images, not really worth watching.

my old car the reception was pretty good so I know it worked before or and I missing something??

Have tvnz turned off the analoge signal?

Any help apprciated!

Edited by M5V8

I've set mine to Austria (not Australia) and it works fine.

Doesn't pick up reception very well on the go (for passengers viewing of course :ph34r: ) but that's probably due to the hills around Wellington.

Edited by str8_6

"Europa PAL" i get like 7 channels with great reception. Jochen told me to use it, and hes the guru with the units in E39 etcs

Hi fellas, I have a NZ new e39 with the widescreen tv however I struggle to get TV reception. I was wanting to know what settings everyone has theirs set to? region etc

I think I have it set to pal & Australia Zone as there is no NZ but I can only get grainy images, not really worth watching.

my old car the reception was pretty good so I know it worked before or and I missing something??

Have tvnz turned off the analoge signal?

Any help apprciated!

Australia is wrong, they use different channel settings to NZ.

The correct setting was PAL Europe, then you get all VHF-I, VHF-II and UHF channels

On my E39, I received all 11 free-to-air analog channels in Auckland, in varying quality depending on location, but the VHF channels were pretty good all the time

You also get the Sky UHF channels, with the occasional channel being unencrypted :-)

Australia is wrong, they use different channel settings to NZ.

The correct setting was PAL Europe, then you get all VHF-I, VHF-II and UHF channels

On my E39, I received all 11 free-to-air analog channels in Auckland, in varying quality depending on location, but the VHF channels were pretty good all the time

You also get the Sky UHF channels, with the occasional channel being unencrypted :-)

thanks everyone!!!

I'll test this tomorrow, it will make waiting to pickup the girlfriend infinately more bareable

If youre in auckland, let me know if you want TV in motion working. Can recode for you with Jochens software.

If youre in auckland, let me know if you want TV in motion working. Can recode for you with Jochens software.

cheers mate.

would probably be sometime before I'm up that away. but I'll keep it in mind.