Sign in to follow this  
moongurl

E36 Headliner sagging

Hey knowledgable BMW people.

I bought my first BMW yesterday a 1995 318is and i love it, but as i hear happens frequently, the headliner has sagged. the previous owner has done an average job of stapling it up, but i want my car to look nice,

any suggestions on where i can get this upholstered? anyone done it? how much could i be looking at $ wise?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sarah

Edited by moongurl

Hi and welcome, If you can give an area of where you are people will be more able to help you.

If in Aucks, 2 forum sponsors can help, Brent at European spares if you're down south, or Ray at HellBM on the Shore, both very good.

I had mine done here in Hamilton last year had to take it out myself and put it back in myself but they recovered it for 200 if I wanted them to take the headliner out and put it back in again i was looking at 400 so around those prices

I did my hood lining myslf with an ADOS adhesive and a two way stretch black fabric [$9m]. Has been in the car for a few months and hasn't sagged, has one small bubble, my fault. Looks great, I did the A and B pillars too. I have to get around to fixing the door fabric, it's literally falling off.

Please resize your pictures & repost them...about 800 X 600

Edited by *Glenn*

Sarah... get a price off these people, both do great work

Bens Auto Trimmers

638A Pakuranga Road

Howick

Ph. 5378141 or 0272942135

Auckland Auto Trimmers

88 Leonard Road

Penrose

Ph. 5820000

I bought my first BMW yesterday a 1995 318si and i love it, but as i hear happens frequently, the headliner has sagged. the previous owner has done an average job of stapling it up, but i want my car to look nice,

any suggestions on where i can get this upholstered? anyone done it? how much could i be looking at $ wise?

Thank you

Sarah

Try Brent or Ray and see if they have a secondhand motorsport headliner in stock. Much better, it is black but better still it is made from better material, and I have never seen a MS one sag.

Try Brent or Ray and see if they have a secondhand motorsport headliner in stock. Much better, it is black but better still it is made from better material, and I have never seen a MS one sag.

yes most black ones dont fall down(yet)

i have one here

I need to get mine redone... it's MS & BLACK

I'm going to get Ben to do mine :D

Edited by *Glenn*

We also have black and grey available for those in wellington that maybe after roof linings

cheers

Jon

I bought my first BMW yesterday a 1995 318si and i love it, but as i hear happens frequently, the headliner has sagged. the previous owner has done an average job of stapling it up, but i want my car to look nice,

Thank you

Sarah

Bugger, looks like Black Motorsport headlinings are not impervious to sagging. I would still recommend one though, much better material and a vastly better look especially if you change all of the fittings over. Have a look at a black motorsport headliner in someone elses motorsport. Buying one secondhand with fittings is probably cheaper than getting your original fixed.

Good luck in anycase.

Tell us how it works out for you.

Looks like mine is about to drop off completely :( Can these be bought or shall I just take it to an auto upholsterer?