Sign in to follow this  
CaM

water or coke????

This is really an eye opener!

We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population.)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminium foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would YOU like a glass of water or coke?

just got emailed that sh*t at work, I'd heard that coke's a great engine degreaser but i thought that was a wives tale..... haha, add it to your cleaning kit, along with the meguiars three step lol

"Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?"

Ahh crap - i need to start bingeing on water, have about 17 years to make up for. Edited by E30stz

yea i was wondering how a powder could do all that!..

expensive cleaner...

:mosh:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

even the cops use it!

lucky lucky t bone

man parent wer right when they say it will make your insides rott

more like it will disolve

water is all good

readiing that has put me even more off coke than i was before

Edited by bimmer boy

yes coke is the devil....thats why i always have mine with borbon....to neutralise the evil...and make me go "JESUS thats a good mix"

...he never replys..yet sometimes pours me another....thanks JC

thanks JC

you thank the jungle cock?

eww dude.

That crap about rotting your insides is BS. Stomach acid is much more powerful than coke. You know the old story about putting a dirty penny in a glasss of coke and it's shiny the next day, well in the same time, in a glass of stomach acid, half the penny dissolves away. Also, that was the old coke. The new stuff doesn't do sh*t.

And finally, apart from the odd JD's & coke, I don't touch the stuff - terrible tasting sh*t. Besides Whiskey is better with lemon and/or dry, or water if you're hard.

CC & dry - still feeling the effects of last nights ones :puke:

bah - whiskey straight is hard, whiskey and water = dilution....

unless you're this unfortunate chap...... Posted Image

he didn't even have a drop of whiskey!!!!!

thanking the jungle cock just for existing

Aged whiskey neat, it's the only way you can do it.

Imitation whiskey (bourbon) has to be decompositioned with coke, but it's your life, you do what you want.

I wouldn't mind trying some of the original coke, the recipe containing coca plant extract, that would be interesting :)

Aged whiskey neat, it's the only way you can do it.

Imitation whiskey (bourbon) has to be decompositioned with coke, but it's your life, you do what you want.

wasn't talking about bourbon..... bourbons bourbon, only whiskey I will drink straight is scotch, mmmm scotch..... bourbon's nothing.

but it's your life, you do what you want.

haha, sure man, drinking spirits straight is bad, pre 1902 coca-cola isn't?? and I'm sure you don't wanna drink that as a connosieur(sp) of soft drinks........

Edited by CaM

Yup - 6yo CC shots on NYE 2004/2005 = about half an inch from being skooled like sparkle.

Didn't they have problems with the original coke eating through the storage containers? or is that just another urban myth? I was told that was why they kept it in glass bottles instead of going to cans or something.

no idea aye.....

probably another urban myth, like how everyone knows somebody who's friends father who is a dentist put some teeth in a dish of coke and they were gone in the morning, or know somebody who knows a guy that left a McDonald's cheesburger on the windowsill of his shed for a year and it had never changed, no mould nothing....or how everyone knows somebody that had to have a marmite jar removed from their arse..... maybe they were having sandwiche in the shower and slipped!!!!!

everyone knows somebody that had to have a marmite jar removed from their arse..... maybe they were having sandwiche in the shower and slipped!!!!!

why were you having a sandwhich in the shower bud?

Guest Spargo

Vodka dry with a twist of lemon is where its at.

My mate actually did the teeth and coke experiment for 2nd form science fair. His sister's wisdom teeth were gone in 4 days.

Dan, thanking JC = the win.

and the cheese burger story is true as well, we had one sitting on the shelf in our classroom that had been there over a year, looked just the same as did when it was made

Mmmmm crazy sh*t eh thats why i drink Lift plus

Puts me on a major as high after about 4 bottles, apparently its the sh*t to watch...

:lol: