Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Anyone like these/know much about them?

vask.org.nz will know. I reckon it looks pretty cool.

I almost bought one that looked almost identical minus the wheels a couple of years ago, for $2000, was in Dunedin. Should have.

But now I like these.

I almost bought one that looked almost identical minus the wheels a couple of years ago, for $2000, was in Dunedin. Should have.

But now I like these.

no, you shouldnt have! that car was gross.... someone had gone nuts with the yucky yellow paint and decals.... id actually dare say that this could be the same car done- up again? new bumpers, wheels etc etc..... they never came yellow so to find with the same scheme.....

i'm probably wrong though.

These cars been have been discussed on here a couple of times before - the Ur Quattro Turbo version at least.

I had a Quattro (non turbo) version equivelent for around 10yrs - a neat drivers car - handled beautifully, a great offbeat sounding 5 cyl 2.2 - a very strong engine.

A little agricultural in build - as VW were back then but still a great car - still miss it now:-

no, you shouldnt have! that car was gross.... someone had gone nuts with the yucky yellow paint and decals.... id actually dare say that this could be the same car done- up again? new bumpers, wheels etc etc..... they never came yellow so to find with the same scheme.....

i'm probably wrong though.

Thats the one, this looks very similar, as it had a "custom front bumber", and this one looks to be a little different to stock.

Wasnt to bad buying for $2k, but ended up buying a lancer for $50 :)

This car looks pretty nice, but at that price? There seem to be a few realy good orig condition ones sometimes even 1 owner like an e30- for cheap.

Nothing beats the 5cyl exhaust note- my 20V turbo would make any loose corrugated iron or skip bin within 10m around it vibrate when at idle!

Yeah I don't think it's badly priced, I mean it is a very tidy example i.e mint interior and new paint e.t.c., looks straight IMO.

Great cars, can't beat the noise of the carbied 5sgt though. Have driven a fair few of these and absolutely adore them. Great looking, epic sound track and extremely reliable too. One mate had one that clocked 414km on the original motor, barely serviced too. Look out for interior door handles not working, simple fix involving a small steel rod. Electric windows can shag out, fuel pumps get very noisy at higher miles but work fine. Seat mounts tend to break after a while and the seats move in all sorts of fun directions. The drivers seat side bolsters wear out too.Beautiful cars for the right price, wouldn't pay that much for an a-typical 2wd with some shiny bits. A coupe quattro [non-turbo] is just worth that much.

Great cars, can't beat the noise of the carbied 5sgt though. Have driven a fair few of these and absolutely adore them. Great looking, epic sound track and extremely reliable too. One mate had one that clocked 414km on the original motor, barely serviced too. Look out for interior door handles not working, simple fix involving a small steel rod. Electric windows can shag out, fuel pumps get very noisy at higher miles but work fine. Seat mounts tend to break after a while and the seats move in all sorts of fun directions. The drivers seat side bolsters wear out too.Beautiful cars for the right price, wouldn't pay that much for an a-typical 2wd with some shiny bits. A coupe quattro [non-turbo] is just worth that much.

^^^^^Gotta agree with most of this.

Stunning 5cyl offbeat noise & the bark when nailed. - My injected one too:-

I had outside handle break, & twice :angry: over the time we had it - a common fault.

Electric window switches - dirty contacts - also fixed plenty of times.

Noisy fuel pump (intermittently in ours) for about 7 years before it failed - conveniently ignored by me until of course it failed on a trip - a twack with a spanner to get it alive again until we got home.

Me of all people should have known better with the warning.

Not sure what quattro coupes are worth now but ours was about 6.5K about 5 yrs ago.

Having driven both (actually all three - a turbo as well) I would only want a quattro variant - they are such a sure footed car & with their centre & rear diff locks - near on impossible to get stranded

The 5sgt and 5egt are worth bugger all these days, I know of three I could get for under $1k at the moment. 2 of which are wofed and regd. I know of a quattro non turbo I could have for around 4500, it's a two owner NZ car. Immaculate too.