Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Bend...

in rim.....getting it fixed as in where?

places/ph numbers v helpful

holla

"RIMRITE ALLOYS" down hur in Palmy...... sure it's in palmy but apparently this guy rules with an iron fist when it comes to this sorta thing....

Ph:0800 624 626

or 06 354 8445

west

"RIMRITE ALLOYS" down hur in Palmy...... sure it's in palmy but apparently this guy rules with an iron fist when it comes to this sorta thing....

Ph:0800 624 626

or 06 354 8445

west

Yea, I've been told by guys down here in welly that if you want it done properly to send it to them. I'm probably going to do it soon to fix up a wheel of mine.

He is apparantly the nuts when it comes to fixing alloys, but he is a total slack ar$e when it comes to customer service.

I tried several times to get him to sort out my alloys but he failed to return phone calls and never replied to my letters.

I even drove up to see him as I was told he was that good, but he was still un-interested in the work (redoing all four of my 18' M-Pars) and again failed to send me the invoice I needed to have the insurance company approve the work.

Four hour round trip wasted because he couldnt be bothered :angry:

For the Wellington guys I was talking to the boss at Taraniki Street Tyres the other week and he can do all this sort of stuff now (even 18's) and will give a BMWCC discount too.

Cheers

Martyn

i never had any probs with him in my last job..... give him a ring at least, wouldn't cost jack to send it down on a courier, just get the tyre removed first.... one of the palmy guys could drop it off and sh*t if thatd help i guess

If you wanna, (i wouldnt give them my $$), Mag & Turbo used to do it and charge a few hundy per wheel. They outsource it though, find out who they send it to.

Otherwise you could ask like BG marketing?

If you wanna, (i wouldnt give them my $$), Mag & Turbo used to do it and charge a few hundy per wheel. They outsource it though, find out who they send it to.

Otherwise you could ask like BG marketing?

They prolly send it to him and rip you off!!

I had one of my old mazda rims done by the guy in palmy, $80 incl shipping.

Can't complain.

Guest Spargo

Gus boy: Manukau Auto and Tyre Centre 261 1500. 32 lambie Drive, Manukau City.

Arrow Wheels 820 0752. 86A Patiki Road, Avondale.

Che.

gus the palmy guy rocks, he done my wheel when a bath sized hole in the road decided to pwn my wheel at 100km...

cant tell that it ever happened now.

martyn, you must have been a prat for him to do that. i had rad dealings, real fast to

Dare I ask why you need a wheel straightened!?!?!

Not playing with kerbs again I hope!!!

pretty sure he does custom wheels as well, should send them all down there and get some dish :pimp: :bowdown:

local traffic island had a sign ripped off....managed to drive over top....lucky didnt rip the front kit off too though.

dumb thing is i hit it in 2001 in my old primera....that time f**ked up the oil sump though

might give the palmy guy a go...its not actually too bad....but is visible and irritates me

Guest Andrew

local traffic island had a sign ripped off....managed to drive over top....lucky didnt rip the front kit off too though.

dumb thing is i hit it in 2001 in my old primera....that time f**ked up the oil sump though

might give the palmy guy a go...its not actually too bad....but is visible and irritates me

I hit it later that day also .... but only the edge and dislodged the front valance bit a bit more.. meh.

Guest Spargo

Gus' i've given you 2 addresses within a 30min drive of you.

Still going to Palmy? :lol:

will call around tomorrow....have a spare

martyn, you must have been a prat for him to do that. i had rad dealings, real fast to

Mate I couldnt have been nicer.

How often do you have customers drive a four hour round trip to find out how much it would cost to fix four wheels ?

Without his invoice I couldnt claim on the insurance and without them paying I wasnt able to get the work done.

Dont get me wrong, on the phone and in person he was great, he just never came through with the one piece of paper I needed, even though he'd promised it four times.

Perhaps he just doesnt like poms !

i had to get one of my wheels done thru taranaki st tyres,i think they went to chch and were x rayed for cracks by air new zealand then back to this guy then back to me!!!I will try to find out who taranaki st tyres use(d)

Perhaps he just doesnt like poms !

Perhaps he doesn't like insurance companies . ? haha ..

Cash prefferance ? ha..

i had to get one of my wheels done thru taranaki st tyres,i think they went to chch and were x rayed for cracks by air new zealand then back to this guy then back to me!!!I will try to find out who taranaki st tyres use(d)

He told me they could now do them on the premises.

I have heard of places doing what you say though, shipping them all over the country and ending up in Palmerston to have the work done !

dropped off at arrow wheels in avondale.....quoted 120+GST

will hopefully get back early next week and see what its like