Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

TOP GEAR SEASON 15!

Is that good or bad?? I use litres per kilometer in NZ :P :P also isn't the Imperial Gallon more than US Gallon is it not the other way around?

Imperial gallon = 4.546 litres

Us gallon = 3.78541 litres

Thats a difference of 3/4 of a litre

I definitely think this new series is toned down alot. Episode three was much the same as the past two, rather un-eventfull. Still it is Top Gear though!

I feel the same but hey its still new Top Gear.

New season of Fifth Gear has been good so far.

Word, I've enjoyed it too, but it's just not long enough, your'e just starting to get into the episode then it's finished. They also spend atleast 8 minutes on the stupid quizz thing to win the car of the week. There isn't as much reviews as there used to be on that too...

I think they've been holding back because the world cup has been on, so it might pick up next week?

Never really got into Fifth Gear as much as Top Gear...Cool cars but no real personality.

I think they've been holding back because the world cup has been on, so it might pick up next week?

God i hope so, has been very lame so far!! :rolleyes:

Cool to see Rubens was faster than old Stig and the young guys in F1

Stig on the F1 Lap Board was from when Damon Hill was the Stig.

I also love the sound of the new NA V8 Mercs.

I also love the sound of the new NA V8 Mercs.

It's purely a sound like no other V8. My CLK used to sound very much like the new NA's today - closest thing to it would have to be Audi's 4.2litre V8 though.

this weeks bit on senna was cool,classic clips of an insane time and you could see how passionate hamilton was about driving the maclaren,showed he genuinely enjoys cars and isnt just a showboat stuckup,was like a 5 year old at xmas which is how id be if I was offered a drive in it

and watchn the veyron going round their aerodrome track with its airbrake was like a slot car,silent no dramas but so so fast

Edited by kwhelan

The funniest season so far for me. I love Clarkson rolling the 3 wheeled thing over and over. Looking forward to his review of the SLS AMG and the 458 though =D

+1 . When he jumps in and then instantaneously rolls it down that ramp. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time, was excellent!

Make the most of N/A Merc’s, they will all be Turbo in a couple of years ^_^

Yeh I have to admit the one the other night was bloody good.

I really enjoyed the part about Ayrton Senna, he is (and before the other night) my favourite F1 driver of all time. I wish F1 would go back to the way it was in the 80's and early 90's. Making it all about the driver rather than electronics, 'space age' designing technics. I wish I had been around to see it on TV then.

Back on topic, the part about the Veyron was pretty cool too.

The Ayrton Senna part was probably my favourite clip from Top Gear ever.

Edited by AJ_D

The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport was staggering!

Mate as far as i am concerned it was pure sex on wheels, Bit pricey at 1.6million pounds though.

yeah interesting that you hit the theoretical wall at those speeds and its more about aerodynamics and drag than sheer horsepower to get higher topspeeds,

Loved the episode. And I can't wait to see the Ayrton Senna film coming next year.

Best episode this season to be honest.

Senna rocked, I vaguely remember the world basically grinding to a halt the day he died. Very unexpected part of this episode.

Best episode this season to be honest.

I have seen every TG episode and this was the best episode ever in my opinion!!!

I still find it interesting how Senna is still considered the greatest drivers driver of all time, even though he did some of the worst cheating in F1 wheras Michael Schumacher is hated, basically for the same thing...

Oh...and too those who dis the 4 and 6 cylinder cars, How much power were those Honda 1.5 litres putting out :P;)

Edited by cliffdunedin

Mate as far as i am concerned it was pure sex on wheels, Bit pricey at 1.6million pounds though.

What impressed my the most about the Veyron SS was the lap on the TG track. When watching it, I at first thought that the Stig was just taking it easy as he wasn't allowed to push the car near it's limits. It was just looked as though he was going for a Sunday drive. However the lap time proved otherwise.

If I were a very rich person, I would not hesitate to buy one of these.

I still find it interesting how Senna is still considered the greatest drivers driver of all time, even though he did some of the worst cheating in F1 wheras Michael Schumacher is hated, basically for the same thing...

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I put it down to the whole 'never speak ill of the dead' mentality. In saying that though, I think that Senna was the best there ever was, even if many of his tactics i.e. blocking are not permitted today.

I think after Schumacher croaks, he will only br remembered for the good things, and the not so good things will be forgotten.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I put it down to the whole 'never speak ill of the dead' mentality. In saying that though, I think that Senna was the best there ever was, even if many of his tactics i.e. blocking are not permitted today.

I think after Schumacher croaks, he will only br remembered for the good things, and the not so good things will be forgotten.

Yeah ive been wondering about this too and I think its more to do with cars and eras,senna lived right on the edge most races and his cars looked like a handful but he seemed to just hold it and some of his passing was brave to say he almost had a deathwish,compared to prost who was clinical and perfect technically so therefore consistant,much like schuie.

When you look at the old guys sitting in goggles back in the 50s on spoked wheels they must have been insanely brave or jackass stupid as well so how could you compare them to now,how would they have gone in a basically automatic ,with launch control and telemetry,some downforce and real tyres like everyone does now

Hamilton is more an athlete built to deal with high gforces and things happening faster because the speeds are higher so reactions have to be better which the old guys didnt have but hes got simulators,health coaches,mental coaches etc,the old guys had jobs smoked drank and helped fix the cars before racing.

I was a hugh alonso fan because he was more like senna but it does seem lately to be more about the car or the money,Ferarris budget just killed the sport for a few years,theres some pretty average drivers on the podiums now because of the car theyre in,button,webber are no way better than alonso ,massa or raikanen was.not bad drivers but whos gonna get excited watching webber,I love that RedBull are doing so well but webber,,come-on

Edited by kwhelan

I think it's that passionate latin, heart out on your sleeve, thing as well!! Schumacher has always been the stereotypical cold east-european type of person wheras Sennna, Barrichello, Alonso etc always are passionate - cry, laugh etc

IMO Schumacher is the greatest F1 driver and though some will argue that Ferrari had dominant machinery...we only have to look at who Ayrton drove for...Lotus, Mclaren and Williams and each team at that time were very dominant (although Mclaren let Senna and Prost battle it out) The FIA also snactioned rules from 2000 to attempt to slow Ferrari and shorten the gap...which after several years and specific rule changes did in 2005 when Alonso took the crown.

Was it good for F1? Definitely! would Schumacher be a 10 times F1 champion without the rule changes? Most probably!! That is why imo Schumacher is the best. B)

You have seen the race points and qualifying times this year haven’t you? He has one thirds the points of his rookie team mate and is constantly out qualified, worse still is that his car is faster than most in the top ten.

Tell me he is the best when he is behind drivers in equal or lesser cars? He is making mistakes all over the show.

Maybe we could put it down to age but IMHO the “best driver in the world†wouldn’t have a problem with the 2010 cars, they are as raw as they have been in years and show what a driver can do.

Im too young to remember the Senna years :(

When it comes to skill I can’t help but admire these nutters.

It’s the age old sporting comparison arguments though, you can never compare eras.

You're right, era's can't be compared but Schumacher and Senna were in the same era albeit Senna at the end of his career and MS at the begining of his and Schumacher in far less capable Jordan's and Benneton's was already making a big mark winning the first 2 races before Sennas death.

I was only 12 when Senna passed away but have(thanks to the net) seen most F1 races of the turbo era.

Nico has been in and around F1 since about 04 so is hardly a rookie ;) and remembering MS have been out of F1 for three years and...his age the huge changes in rules, Tyres, Aero, new kinetic braking etc etc etc means when he came in a whole heap had changed...so it's no wonder he is not top of the WDC

The debate of who is the greatest driver of all time will never ever be agreed on, but i'm sure everyone will agree that Senna and Schumacher will def be in the top5 B)