Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

TOP GEAR SEASON 15!

You have seen the race points and qualifying times this year haven’t you? He has one thirds the points of his rookie team mate and is constantly out qualified, worse still is that his car is faster than most in the top ten.

Tell me he is the best when he is behind drivers in equal or lesser cars? He is making mistakes all over the show.

Maybe we could put it down to age but IMHO the “best driver in the world†wouldn’t have a problem with the 2010 cars, they are as raw as they have been in years and show what a driver can do.

Yeah, but they have limited, if any testing prior to racing. Also in the three years Schumacher has been out of racing the evolution of the F1 cars has been huge. For the drivers who have competed over those three years the evolution is incremental, for someone who has been out of racing the evolution is massive.

I would expect him to make "mistakes all over the show", as you put it.

You throw the word rookie in to describe Rosberg. Do you know what that means? Rosberg is far from a rookie, he is in 5th year of F1, and has competed in 82 F1 races.

His car is not faster than most in the top 10, far from it. Which of the McLaren's, Ferrari's, RBR's or Renault's is the Mercedes f1 car faster than?

I appreciate your trying to make an argument, but at least make it factual, and use semi-rational reasoning.

Edited by Grant

Tell me he is the best when he is behind drivers in equal or lesser cars? He is making mistakes all over the show.

Sorry forgot to mention about this, that Schumachers first 3 WDC were in cars that were not the best cars but were top 3 or 4 from 02-05 Ferraris were the best car by far...so i guess i'm telling you, he's the best :P:lol:

Rule changes, limited testing, whatever, should the greatest driver of all time need lots of practice? He has had 11 races this season now, with every race plenty of practice before qualifying and racing. The excuses were valid for the first couple of races but come on. The current rules and regulations should if anything show who the best drivers are.

And yes, calling Nico a rookie was a bit harsh, he is a good driver in his own right but to be showing up the master in the same car, a car that has been and is as fast as other cars in the top ten this year?

Have never been a fan of the Red team and hated the recent era they were king so maybe that has blurred my view of the great man that is Schumacher.

Im not trying to take anything away from the man, just giving my opinion.

Im loving this season in F1, it has been the most enjoyable for years for me.

On that point we can agree.

I like the fact that any one of three teams can win any of the races, not the usual one or occasional two horse races.

Edited by Grant

Have never been a fan of the Red team and hated the recent era they were king so maybe that has blurred my view of the great man that is Schumacher.

Makes sense, Most either like him and Ferrari or you don't.

Im not trying to take anything away from the man, just giving my opinion.

Fully agree with you there, This is the most enjoyable F1 season since 99 for me and the tightest championship i can remember, Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Vettel, and Webber could all take it!! I'm picking one of the redbull boys!

6 BLOODY EPISODES in this season! - Ripped off. Ferrari was nice all the same.

6 BLOODY EPISODES in this season! - Ripped off. Ferrari was nice all the same.

I know i couldn't believe 6 episodes :huh:

RIP British Car Industry. :(

Loved the TVR. Always wanted a V8S for some stupid reason.

Loved TVR's, once drove a speed 6 in Scotland B)

Wowzer such a short season! They are getting shorter and shorter...

That Ferrari was pretty impressive! Another solid ep but I wish they actually used a 205 gti rather than a diesel haha

Dissappointing season IMO. I wonder what happened to their promise of the BMW diesel endurance car and having another go at it

You are all downloading it for free and yet feel ripped off. Lol, imagine how Prime TV feel, they pay big bucks for it and get it a month later.

On an F1 note, brilliant driving from the “Best Driver in the World†on the weekend :mellow:

I bet the percentage of people that actually download it vs people who watch it on TV would be very small. I usually watch it on Prime anyway. There's a special coming out in October I read somewhere.

On an F1 note, brilliant driving from the “Best Driver in the World†on the weekend :mellow:

I was thinking the same thing at at the weekend :o ...though if it were Senna it would have been "his competative fiery latin passion" :lol: his comeback is beginning to remind me of Michael Jordans comeback with the Washington Wizards, though i still think another year and he will be competing at the front row.

You are all downloading it for free and yet feel ripped off. Lol, imagine how Prime TV feel, they pay big bucks for it and get it a month later.

If we really wanted too we could stream it free off the BBC anyway, so imo hardly a big deal, anyways Prime is 5 weeks behind...so what are they paying big bucks for old news anyway?

Without going and confirming, don't the BBC do this every year? Have a short 6 episode season of Top Gear, and then have a 10 episode season later?

I thought that this season was OK, I thought there were some really good parts, some average parts and some less than average cringeworthy parts.

Although I think the show long since peaked, there are some brilliant slivers. Last night's best moment for me was when Jeremy was making anagrams out of the letters on the other two number plates, and then they showed a sly shot of his and the letters on his were C N U T (or the like). Its those small gems that make Top Gear worth the watch in my humble opinion.

Guest Simon*

Aside from the downloaders, what else is good to watch on TV???

I like the show, irrespective of whether they've peaked or not (what competition was this in btw???), I find it amusing, occasionally lame but mostly enjoyable. My GF likes it, my mum likes it, hell my 3 year old likes it. Not many shows of any kind do that - maybe the Simpsons ;)

I even watch the retreaded ep's on Tuesday nights because even though I've seen them before it's better than almost anything else on regular scheduled telly.

The TG team have set their own bar very high, but I think they do a credible job of keeping us entertained week in week out.

That is all :)