Sign in to follow this  
beemwr

"Moronic Friends List"

I noticed a recent entry in the For sale section being peppered with non-productive remarks to progress the sale process. The entry appeared legitimate in the respects I am aware of. Could such comments be attributed to "little boys being little boys" or some "moronics" that lead sad lives and revel in making disparaging responses exposing their immature minds for all to know?

Are there other examples with other posts?

Is it best to ignore them, excommunicate them and/or invite the posters to join the "Moronic Friends List?"

It's a regular occurence here, just can't take it too serious!! After all it is the net and anyone can talk tough on it!!

Edited by cliffdunedin

I noticed a recent entry in the For sale section being peppered with non-productive remarks to progress the sale process. The entry appeared legitimate in the respects I am aware of. Could such comments be attributed to "little boys being little boys" or some "moronics" that lead sad lives and revel in making disparaging responses exposing their immature minds for all to know?

Are there other examples with other posts?

Is it best to ignore them, excommunicate them and/or invite the posters to join the "Moronic Friends List?"

Yes. And if you have an issue with a post report it to a moderator by utilising the report function

Is it not a little contradictory that you start a thread like this questioning the substance of other posts / threads?

Edited by bellicose

What is a moronic friends list? should I have one?

The thread in question was pretty harmless, it did encourage some pretty immature comments but nothing was really degrading.

I mean what do you expect when you genuinely try to fetch money for a dashboard with 2 cracks and a hole? Sure the guy may be ignorant to the value of such items and I can understand that but he had to learn one way or another that from the perspective of his "potential buyers" it looks like he's taking the piss.

Generally when someone has common items like the ones he was trying to sell and they want rid of them they give them away, make an artistic sculpture or bin them. Otherwise they store them and wait for someone to request them using the "Want to Buy" method.

Although the poor fella said he was fed up with our cheeky remarks (he coined the phrase "haters") and is "leaving" he will most likely have learned from this, built character & will inevitably return to participate in some good discussion for once ... or perhaps not ... either way I fail to see a negative side to this.

^+1...

although i am probably one of the culprates. it gets tiring when ppl like him keep posting up pointless threads when no one actally wants what hes selling... and from threads i have seen in the past i thought that one was quite above board.

OP's post made the least sense of any post I have read on Bimmersport... and that includes posts from Chinese spammers selling fake Rolex watches.

OP's post made the least sense of any post I have read on Bimmersport... and that includes posts from Chinese spammers selling fake Rolex watches.

+1

The guy doesn't realize that nobody is going to buy a crappy silver painted number plate holder. He has no idea what the value of his parts are and most of the stuff he is selling is either broken, or the type of small valueless car part that doesn't wear out anyway. I try not to say anything about it on the threads, but to be honest he is asking for it.

I'll take the other side on this one and say I expected a bit more from some of you guys.

The guy's just trying to sell some stuff and although you may think it's rubbish, I've seen some of the stuff on some of your cars and have had to bite my tongue, so give the guy a break, and as the old saying goes, if you can't say something nice, shut the f**k up, or something like that. :P

I agree with you Dave. :)

Recently there has been an inordinate amount of "rubbish" on the forum. It seems to be predominantly coming from a few memberes on here who's "e-boots" seem to be getting a bit too big.

I agree with the sentiment "If you haven't goy anything nice to say or relevant -STFU"

how is this for an Idea,

is it possible to setup the "for sale section" so that the advert can be placed, but people can only read and not respond to it. If people are genuinly interested , or after info, they should either post mail or call the person direct. It would tidy that whole section up. If people have a genuine problem with the advert they could contact a moderator directly

Guest Simon*

*sigh* Muppets everywhere

In response to Jono, and for anyone else, if you'd like to employ the method you've suggested a moderator can close a thread to replies immediately after the original post, on a request by request basis.

It is tiring to see all the bullshit spamming up people's threads. Please employ the "if you don't have anything to add, don't bother posting" rule.