Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

iphone 3GS

Hey guys, i was going to wait for the 4g to be released in a few weeks but after reading reviews have decided to go with the 3Gs...what i was wondering is whether using my wifi point or a hotspot around town will still cut into my data cap when youtubing using apps etc. chur!!

Guest Simon*

No. My understanding is wifi will kick in wherever available and relegate 3G to the back of the queue

^^ Correct.

If wifi is available that'll pop up first and tell you. You can then accept it or not.

The 3GS is all good and even better now that OS4 is available as a free download :)

Dude, deffinatly get the iPhone4.... you will regret it otherwise I mean if your prepared to spend around 1k on a phone why not stretch a little more and get the latest one.

Just be prepared to also spend lots acessories. I remember walking out of Magnum Mac with bags full of stuff and a $1600 dent in my wallet...

i wont be buying an iphone 4 untill the reception issues are sorted

i wont be buying an iphone 4 untill the reception issues are sorted

didn't u hear? Steve says its a "non issue" and the you should just "hold the phone a different way", so its must be all good! ... right?

Haha check out the reception probs on this guys idud.

And this vid is pretty funny.

I am left handed and meant to be one of those that are effected by the iPhone 4 reception problems.

Lots of people I work with have the iPhone 4 (and I am getting mine this weekend). The reception issue is really a non issue and seems to be a very isolated thing, I can't replicate it no matter how hard I try, and I have tried it on 4 or 5 iPhone 4's.

I think that the iPhone 4 is brilliant, and a huge step up from my iPhone 3G (or the 3GS), even when the 3G(s) is running iOS4.

The good thing here is that because I brought my 3G from NZ to the USA, it is factory unlocked, and I can easily sell it for more than it costs to upgrade to the new iPhone 4, as people want the unlocked and non-jailbroken ones here so they can use them on the T-Mobile network instead of AT&T.

And this vid is pretty funny.

haha classic

Dude, deffinatly get the iPhone4.... you will regret it otherwise I mean if your prepared to spend around 1k on a phone why not stretch a little more and get the latest one.

Just be prepared to also spend lots acessories. I remember walking out of Magnum Mac with bags full of stuff and a $1600 dent in my wallet...

Bit late for that now, already bought it! :rolleyes: and after reading plenty of reviews on the i4 i'm not to fussed... i can hardly figure this one out fully yet! :lol:

Anyone tell me what benefits are to OS4 and how do i get it?

Awesome, cheers! Do you know if it will delete the apps etc i have already installed.

Edited by cliffdunedin

when you sync it should restore everything that you has on os3

Awesome, cheers! Do you know if it will delete the apps etc i have already installed.

No, it does not delete anything.

Thanks guys...and awesome to know we have an Apple tech guy here B)

haha look at this rubbish - link

haha look at this rubbish - link

better software than hardware i spoze ... assuming that this does actually "fix" it.

??? I'm on a contract that only has a 200mb datacap limit so luck out there.

don't worry about your data-cap, Vodafone have been re-rolling a 3gb free allowance through each month for the last couple of months...

Tell me more. How do I get in line for this?

Tell me more. How do I get in line for this?

iPhone promotion: All iPhone customers will enjoy 3GB of data and 1000 PXTs per month until 1 September 2010. See the Terms & Conditions for this offer

See this page for the details

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/iphone/plans.jsp

I didn't know about it either till a mate spotted it, it used to say till the end of June, then July etc so it looks like it's here to stay for a bit