Sign in to follow this  
speedyg

E30 325i wanted

What the heck there hasn't been one of these ads for at least a week! :P

I'm seriously after a facelift 325i 5 speed in excellent cond. Prefer a 4 door with all the goodies.

If you have one of these or know of one for sale please let me know.

Also check out my e21 323i for sale.

Thanks

believe it or not that there is a 325 (it is a auto)... but DO NOT buy it. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-23255268.htm

on the contrary to what the owner says its in terrible condition, the engine makes a really loud like jet engine sound in the back seat and whenever you put your fut down fast it gievs a huge clunk noise. Front shocks are stuffed, wheels were out of alignment, not original bumper sideskirts and rear bumper - all of which have been replaced and only 2 sides of which have been painted. I would assume this car has been sumped. The tow screw was out of the boot and in the glove box, hence why the panel was removed on the bumper to screw it in, so it has been towed / pulled out of a ditch lately. Electric mirrors dont work, alarm was reengaging 20 seconds after car turns off regardless of whether keys in ignition so u may get locked out. Delay in changes from park to reverse / drive of about 2 - 3 seconds. Quite a rough ride. In VIR it states the car for a full year went without any KM's put on the clock including the next wof it was on identical km's. Has just had drivers do replaced due to ding, no plastic around hte edges / mouldings / plastic panels. The car is a 325 not a 320 and is on 111,000 km not 140,000km.

Bung car - stay right away if it is relisted as a 325 in coming weeks. I've tried getting the owner to admit its in a state of repair but they refuse.

Edited by E30stz

for a steering wheel cover like that, you have to be prepared to make sacrafices

and for that white one, ive driven it, goes well real smooth no big probs, its nice

there was one on tardme, sounded as though it had a cracked head/mega blown headgasket..... listing has expired now but i'll see if i can find it on my history,

he was only looking for around 1500-2000 so it'd be a fairly cheap car all said and done, considering it had 17s and sh*t

Agree with G and Andy, looks like a good straight car. Make sure you always go to a vehicle tester, it may be the best $100 your spend. Somewhere like VTNZ or a BMW Official Dealer would be good.

word.....

IMO vtnz are a waste of time..... they don't know all their regulations any better (if not worse) than your local garage, don't waste over a hundy for a "vt check" when you can get a dealer inspection for the price that E30stz just mentioned....

in saying that, if you already use a mechanic, and he's all good then it's not a bad idea to take it along to him..... might charge a couple of hours labour out max, and you'll no doubt be abe to hang around and have a good look with him.... works out cheaper.

141.75 for a pre-purchase inspection @ team maccas ! go nuts :)

:o Jeeeezus, for an E30?

Gawd damn stealers. Might be getting a pre purchase on a late 80s S class V8 Benz soon - 90 bucks for an hour, a bit more advanced/coplicated than an E30 too.

Probably best to take it to a Euro garage tho.

It takes two hours and it differs in price from place to place. I think its $110 @ coombes in hamilton and $100+gst @ BMworkshop.

Might be getting a pre purchase on a late 80s S class V8 Benz soon

not on topic but god damn i love those got one of them to a decent 200km/h and hear the V8 roar so nicely

any way back on topic yes i really really recomend a pre purchase inspection i cannot stress it enuf dont do waht i did and buy the f*cker and find out a million secret things are wrong with it

my inspection at shelleys on a 535 was really good.They had the part numbers and prices of some of the paarts that needed replacing....they didnt hve labour charges tho.....Unless you know a lot about the cars you ae looking at a check can save you thousands and thousands....esp on Benzes...a mate of mind found out the hard way on a 560???

I've had a few checked at GAC in Chch. he charges $70 for a check and knows his e30s well. Has saved me from buying one dud.

A few years ago when I was selling my 325i someone took it to chch BMW and they were finding things wrong like: oil leaking from front shocks when they had been replaced with gas shocks a couple of months earlier! Also things like ripped gear lever gaitor! Perhaps a bit too thorough on a 1986 car!

I am holding out for a really tidy 4 door 5 speed, which seem to be like hens teeth. The m325i looks nice but I need a 4 door. There is a m325i for sale down here, 1986 240kms for $8900 ono sounds tidy.

really tidy 4 door 5 speed, which seem to be like hens teeth

ah....the memories

Guest Spargo

ah....the memories

Stop bitching and buy one, i'll give you 9K for your Ms, with 2.7 bits.

and go back to open diff?

dont think so sam

keen for a shadows night this week? im attending quiz night tonite but thurs would be good for some drinking?

gimme a holla

Shadows **Shudders at the memories**

Guest Andrew

and go back to open diff?

dont think so sam

keen for a shadows night this week? im attending quiz night tonite but thurs would be good for some drinking?

gimme a holla

I'm keen - friday is day off for me still.

Guest Spargo

Yea, soon to be g/f's birthday tonite, uh, private party :pimp: , but keen for shennanagins on thu?

shennanagins

I beg your pardon!!!

You leave my good name out of this.

:D

Cheers