Sign in to follow this  
kwhelan

Good deal on towbars

brought a new towbar for 2003 e39 touring from towright in christchurch

delivered overnight for $300 total to the north island,bolts and towball inc

fitted in a couple of hours with only a drill ,(2 holes in spare wheel well) and socketset and slight cut to bottom of rear apron

Big ups to them.great bar cheap price and fitted perfectly.

Is there mounting points (for strength etc) for the towbar you installed or did you just drill through the tyre well?

what about the wiring kit???

Spare wheel well? Hope your towing nothing more than hedge trimmings.

The original E39 towbar replaces the bumper supports and bolts directly onto the chassis rails with no drilling. Also comes with some pretty beefy supports.

Spare wheel well? Hope your towing nothing more than hedge trimmings.

The original E39 towbar replaces the bumper supports and bolts directly onto the chassis rails with no drilling. Also comes with some pretty beefy supports.

Off course it bolts on to the bumper supports,that goes without saying doesn't it,perhaps I should have been more descriptive,my point was it was a good fit,very easy install,had to press remove two small bolts from the original bumper shock brackets,drill out the holes to take larger bolts and it all just went back in.Car body was already drilled for the larger size bolts. I think the bolt holes in the well were more for extra support to stop twisting maybe,probably not even needed.

Wiring kit I don't need,only for occasional trips to the dump during daylight so didnt bother.

towbar rated to 2000kgs

Not knocking the factory kit or 2nd hand if you can find one but was just a heads up to anyone looking for a cheap bar,I thought it was good value and service and was worth mentioning the company,just putting my experience out there