Sign in to follow this  
J~~

E36 suddenly don't start

Okay I own a 92 318i. Yesterday night after work I noticed the car was starting very slowly, like it was tired or something. I drove home. Turned off my car restarted again to see if it still had that problem. It was fine.

This morning my car wouldn't start at all. Battery etc are all fine. Even tryed jumpstarting but didn't help. When I turn the keys I can only hear clicking noises...

Don't know what's wrong, any help appreciated!

Sounds like a symptom of a flat battery, Either that or the starter is on the way out.

Sounds like a symptom of a flat battery, Either that or the starter is on the way out.

Tryed jumpstarting, didn't work.

I turn the key and hear clicking noises also the fuel gauge moves from the middle to empty, then back again as soon as I let go of the key.

Could it be fuel pump?

Try another battery, sounds like dead battery to me also!

+1

Okay Thanks guys will call AA now =)

97 316i, it starts every time, but sometimes it shuts down just after i have started it, and restart the car, and put some RPMs on it, it will be fine...whats the most likely problem? any input would be appreciated.

Tryed jumpstarting, didn't work.

I turn the key and hear clicking noises also the fuel gauge moves from the middle to empty, then back again as soon as I let go of the key.

Could it be fuel pump?

cheap skiny wire jumper cables dont work when battery is real flat

97 316i, it starts every time, but sometimes it shuts down just after i have started it, and restart the car, and put some RPMs on it, it will be fine...whats the most likely problem? any input would be appreciated.

could be a number of things, air intake, fuel, spark etc etc -one of the on too it guys may know a specific but i would say you would need to be more descriptive.