Sign in to follow this  
Katalyst

How wide is tooo wide?

Looking at getting some 15x7 et 20 wheels widend for my e30 and after some opinions as how wide i should go

at the moment it is lowered on superlow kings, with a tech 1 kit

also what tyre sizes that are readyly avaliable, as i dont go too wide and then limit myself to a small selection of expensive tyres

another question that ive ben pondering, mainly directed at those in the industry is, with the increasing diameter of production car rims, is this decreasing the amount of smaller diameter tyres being produced, or could it in the future??

Because of these "new rules" about stretched tyres, I wouldn't go beyond an 8" wide rim in a lowered E30.

Depending on offset and if you'd like to "dish out" for some guard flares of course. :P

new streched tyres rule???

yeah ultimatly was looking at 9s at the back atleast, possibly all round

10s are way to massive!! but sound kool

the wheels are e34 style 5s one piece

ideally i want style 5s in 17, but are rare and expensive

Depending on offset you can fit 8's on an e30 no prob. 9's often need a bit of work to fit, and 10's definitely need guard mods, etc.

I wouldn't go wider than 8's on the front and 9's on the back.

7's on the front, and 8's on the back, or 8's all round, with the right offset (fairly negative) and tyre selection (narrow end of recommended tyre size) looks great, is legal, doesn't create as great handling compromises as wider wheels and over-stretched tyres, and shouldn't give fitment issues.

I have 7.5 inch on the front and 8 on the rear with no issue at all. ET20 offset

I can find some pics if you would like?

I have 7.5 inch on the front and 8 on the rear with no issue at all. ET20 offset

I can find some pics if you would like?

yeah bro that would be nice!! trying a set of 15 x 8s tomorrow with 195s on them

Buy my RS's :D

haahaha yeah seen those!! wish i had tht sorta cash lying round!!!