Sign in to follow this  
Apex

545i SMG Touring

Hot.

There is a bleck e60 550i touring that lives just down my road. A late/middle aged lady drives it.

It has an SMG shifter, Paddles and is listed as SMG, its build list sais its SMG and it was sold new as a special order car with SMG.. Your friend is clearly correct with his disagreement and is clearly an expert, buy him a beer.

Only thing im not happy with is the imitation wheels, this car was for sale for two or so days a few months back in Auckland and it was in quite rough condition, it had 5 spoke 19†option wheels then too.

It is SMG. They made a auto too (much more common), but the auto has the shift selections (P, R, N, D, +, -) marked at the top right of the gaitor beside the shifter (and is obviously an auto just to look at), whereas the smg looks like this with the shift pattern below the shifter.

If you want a laugh call the sales guy, he seems to be 21 with a attitude for success, I actually felt he was doing me a favour just talking to me with no actual knowledge of the vehicle, give him a call and ask him silly questions he loves it.

I remember driving an identical car to the airport when i was at JCbmw... Couldnt use the SMG to save myself, it was clunky as hell so i just stood on it :D

That's an SMG alright.

Someoone dropped some serious coin on ordering that car. Very few about, NZ new, win.

Dear I say, it would definitely sound better than a E60 M5.

Only thing im not happy with is the imitation wheels, this car was for sale for two or so days a few months back in Auckland and it was in quite rough condition, it had 5 spoke 19†option wheels then too.

They look cheap - infact I'd burn them as soon as I took delivery and it would be straight down to the tyreshop. Makes the car look 2nd hand or like someone in Japan has been drinking heavily and thought they'd spice up their cars life by adding failwheels.

Edited by Clinton

love the neat front number plate mounting....i bet that things has grunt at both ends of the rev range...how much would a set of decent wheels cost?

Say 4k.

Apparently they have the factory upgrade mag's but one is buckled and they are all curbed, this car was quite rough when it sold a few months back for near 50k, Apparently it was the directors suns car.

apparently these aftermarket fail wheels have added 10k to the cars value.

Had 19" BMW Style 128 Option mags on it last time I looked at it.

http://www.xrims.com/imgs/dynamic/mags/big/Picture010.jpg