Sign in to follow this  
5amchris

E36

I get 550 easily to the tank driving to work and back each week. In traffic..

Used to get up to 750 on a tank with the auto box long distance. Now I'm lucky to get 650. But generally around 600 per tank including a fang here and there.

i think alot of ppl have the misconception that higher CC or bigger L cars eat more fuel.. but it basically just depends on the way you drive. obviously a 328 would have more power and faster response when you need it whereas a 318/320 would have to work 'harder' hence use more fuel.

I love the power delivery of the 325i....But a 328i is even better, big enough difference in torque and only use a smidgen more fuel than my 320i did. Get a 328i if you can. End of story.

328i coupe + join 36 mafia as peter said.

End of story. Unless you could go for an M3... Then go for an M3 B)

I get 550 easily to the tank driving to work and back each week. In traffic..

Used to get up to 750 on a tank with the auto box long distance. Now I'm lucky to get 650. But generally around 600 per tank including a fang here and there.

That is heck fuel efficient for a 328, I thought the 328 would only give about 400 to a tank.

My little 318iS gives 650 on open motorway driving to ardmore and back each day.

City driving only gives me 550-580 or so...

Thinking about upgrading to a 328...

I'm at 300 when I hit half on the fuel gauge everytime, then it's all horrible from there. I press the odometer distance thingy every time I fill up. It is a 60L tank with I don't know how many if any reserve.

i think alot of ppl have the misconception that higher CC or bigger L cars eat more fuel.. but it basically just depends on the way you drive. obviously a 328 would have more power and faster response when you need it whereas a 318/320 would have to work 'harder' hence use more fuel.

yea I have quite a heavy foot lol

plus I'm sure the auto box doesn't help

328 5 speed with the intake manifold from a 325 ftw

very simple/cheap mod +good gains

Edited by btccm3

i had a 92 325i with 3.15 diff and lightish m20 flywheel had 112kw at the wheels at 6000rpm chipped ecu with 240k's on the clock /

i now have 96 328i with same diff , extractors , std ecu same sort of flywheel and has 111.8kw at 5200rpm with 101k on the clock .

328i is annoying on the track as the power just stops at 5200rpm(will rev beyond but no point) where as the 325i used to pull all the way to 6000rpm .

but i like the better torque of the 328i for driving around town etc and plan on remapping the ecu to get rid of the power limiter etc .

328i gets better fuel ecno too.

we will have a nice 325i coupe ready at work for sale soon 1995 model with 130k on the clock and tidy .

Wanna PM me some info on the coupe thats coming up for sale? I will be in the market for one soon.

My 328i in manual gives approx 500ks for 50-54 liters.

Driving Mission bay to East Tamaki for work every day. Motorway in the AM, home through the burbs.

On the open road I get another 100k's out of it.