Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Texting while driving

Found this game here.

Impossible. Well for me anyway.

Now I can definitely justify texting and driving. And if I practice I will get even better...

my new phone is almost impossible to use while I'm not driving lol

when did nokia's go so far downhill?

last 2 nokia's I've had are absolute rubbish (thankfully free rubbish lol)

It's easier to text and drive in real life.

Not that I do it, but using your mouse to click the keys is just dumb, I don't look at my phone when texting, but I hate doing it when driving cos It's not safe.

No excuse to text'n'drive. What's a few minutes to pull over before replying?

Better be (replying) late than dead or worse - kill someone.

While on this subject, talk'n'drive are widely ignored. Love to see stronger enforcement on this one. This is potentially more harmful than using bus-lane. Should give the rights for parking warden to issue talk'n'drive infringements, since they have the camera on hand. They can film it, then force the car owner to reveal who's behind the wheel and then send a ticket.

Edited by my_e36

Granted i take my eyes off the road to read the text, but its not like i take it of for the full 10-15seconds its takes to read one. I glance when ive scanned the road ahead, and then look, flicking back and forth. If i cant make it out like that then ill pull over. And i can reply without looking at my phone so i dont see how thats any more of a distraction than having a passenger.

That test is stupid. Raises awareness at most

Granted i take my eyes off the road to read the text, but its not like i take it of for the full 10-15seconds its takes to read one. I glance when ive scanned the road ahead, and then look, flicking back and forth. If i cant make it out like that then ill pull over. And i can reply without looking at my phone so i dont see how thats any more of a distraction than having a passenger.

That test is stupid. Raises awareness at most

So you can scan the road ahead and predict when a car is going to pull out infront of you when you lift your phone up to read when your mum texts you?

Guest Simon*

Tricky test.

I'm careful not to pick up the phone now when his mum texts me

So you can scan the road ahead and predict when a car is going to pull out infront of you when you lift your phone up to read when your mum texts you?

for one, yes.. i wont do it when there are parked cars where there could be hidden cars backing out/children etc. If its anywhere with more than what youd call light traffic then i wont and ill pull over. im rarely on the road during peak hours as the nature of my job doesnt allow me to be. For two, if someone pulls out in front of a car/me, they deserve to be hit. They pay the cost.. they caused the accident and they should be thankfull im not a motorcyclist or an HT. For three, they will be worse off in the first place... i drive a Volvo lol.

Probably wont post in this thread again... its not like you or anyone else our age hasnt texted while driving, including since the law came into effect.