Sign in to follow this  
_Matt_

E28 Skips a few beats.

I know I know,

you will probably all say "your car has 342k on the clock, what can you expect"? but id like to ask for advice anyway :)

So in the last day or two the old fella has seemed to be getting a bit sluggish. The main thing i notice is it feels like it missfired (gives a slight bunny hop feeling when driving along) also it starts loosing power at 4-5k revs when it never used to.

When i bought it, it ticked and that is probably the cam shaft am i right? but i thought i would wait until i could afford a new engine rather than fix this one.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this and could let me know if it could be a large problem or maybe just the spark plugs or something :)

Cheers ;)

that's a sensible idea.

Sorry, coming from my background of 80's mazdas 'service' and 'faults' isn't in my vocabulary as of yet :)

check teh dizzy cap and rotor and spark plugs etc . also check for any vac leaks etc

check teh dizzy cap and rotor and spark plugs etc . also check for any vac leaks etc

will do mate, cheers

Edit: Problem solved i believe.

One of the dizzy plugs had actually fallen out. seems to be all good now.

thanks for that.

Edited by _Matt_

ok, it wasn't that.

its running like sh*t haha, makes for a most uncomfortable ride :(

ill have to see whats up tomorrow. hmph.

Mine started runnig like a dog some time back, apparently for no reason. It wouldn't idle without me keeping the revs right up. Managed to nurse it to a garage. Turned out to be a loose hose (see pic)

post-5163-1279925555.jpg

when i first brought my e30, when ever i reved it out it would make a ticking noise and lose power at around 4-5 rpm. turned out to be a leak in the manifold... dunno if that helps!

hoses are all good, problem with the manifold aye? i think i may need to take it to a garage ;)

btw, what would a transparent oily substance on the garage floor mean? radiator leak?

Brake or clutch fluid?

not gonna lie, my car is AWESOME!