Sign in to follow this  
uhlsta

Headphones

Hey people, looking at getting some new headphones, Skullcandy.

Would like some experiences/info from people who have them, to recommend a pair.

Which would be the best ones to get, I’m looking at Skullcrushers or Hesh?

Or should I go with the in ear ones?

Any help would be GOLD!!!

Cheers

I have a couple of sets of Skull Candy in ear headphones I use with my ipod and iphone.

I think they are Smokin' Buds, but can't remember exactly.

They are cheap as chips and a big improvement over the apple buds, both in terms of comfort and sound.

However, I'm certainly no audiophile, so can't give any scientific justification, I just know they sound better and I can wear them for extended periods of time.

yea the skull candys are good for sound and comfortable.

but ive had to replace mine twice in the two years ive had them. although it helps they have a life time warranty :D

wont be buying them as my next earbuds though, spoils a holiday when they crap out

In my exp of skullcandy they're more for looking cool than playing music, and they get bloody uncomfortable. If you're after listenable sound quality try Technics or Sennheiser. I use the technics DJ1200 which have suited me well and i've thrashed the f**k out of them in the last year and they still go strong.

Are you set on Skullcandy? They seem to me like they're form over function.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD555's and Grado SR80i's. Although you really need to run these through a headphone amp to get their full potential, for the extra money I would seriously look at any model from either of these brands. The Sennheisers are pretty damn good bang for your buck and go good with your ipod or whatever(as opposed to the Grado of which I use at home). They've been dropped countless times, and can be pulled right apart to replace anything, as with the Grados.

What sort of listening do you do?

+1 for Sennheisers.

I had some MX450 and then some MX550's. *earbuds* much better than apple ones. and not white. <.<

In my exp of skullcandy they're more for looking cool than playing music, and they get bloody uncomfortable. If you're after listenable sound quality try Technics or Sennheiser. I use the technics DJ1200 which have suited me well and i've thrashed the f**k out of them in the last year and they still go strong.

+1

Even tho I am sponsored by them

if you want the look, go for skullcandy. IMO, look for a good deal on TM for a pair of sennheiser px100, folds away in a case, and awesome sound quality, comparable to the $100 sennheisers.

Pretty set on Skullcandy.

Mostly listen hiphop off ipod or pc. Looking for decent bass and just quality sound through the headphones?

Ok, i tell lies.

I'm getting hooked up with some Skullcandy's.

Would like to know which ones to get?

Edited by FleXturE

Slightly off topic but my mate just got some of these: http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B3808

He got his custom colored when he brought them.

$900 later....

So awesome though, and loud. They vibrate off your head when on loud, he played me some Datsik and my ears rang for ages. Think they go up to 140db. Goodbye hearing.

Usain Bolt wears them too when he DJ's for ultimate ballerness win.

Beats by Dre are the ultimate portable audio IMO. They bring eargasms everytime i listen to them. Unfortunately my wallet doesnt allow me to stretch that far :(

I've had 2 sets of smokin' buds and Full metal jackets.

The sound's good for the money, great bass, midrange lets them down a little bit.

They're great for hip hop.

Durability wise, they're a lot better than the sennheisers I had but still not great. Doesn't matter though, they have a great warranty so when they inevitably break, it's a piece of piss to get replacements.

All I can say is stay away from Stymeteczer of something like that. Mine sound like crap and cost way too much.

EDIT:Sennheiser

Edited by Apex

here is what i am getting next week. these are epic and definatly worth the money.

the quality and clarity is unbelievable. so much so that i have to re rip all my cds to about 1mbps to get the best out of them

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665089914

All I can say is stay away from Stymeteczer of something like that. Mine sound like crap and cost way too much.

EDIT:Sennheiser

Did you have the very expensive ones and not use a headphone amp?

You're the first person I've heard say they sound like crap :o