Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

CARJAM'd my E30, now im a bit confused.

I ran my E30's plates through carjam.co.nz,

it came up all kosha as far as i can tell, in terms of registered details matching realoem's VIN description of my car.

It also came up with two personalised plates on my car in its past - MSPORT and BEMAR in 94 and 96.. Thats cool.. but It didnt list the personalised plate that is etched into the windows SKISHD.

I bought the car in ohakune, from a guy who owned the ski shed, so the etching kinda made sense, but why is this plate not listed by carjam? IS the glass in my car swapped from another that had SKISHD plates? I ran the SKISHD plates and they look to have belonged to an MX5 since new???

Weird, anyone got any ideas?

Because maybe at some point your car had its window replaced off a wreck? just maybe.....

Possible that the guy I bought it off had two e30 coupes, one was a wrecked with SKISHD plates, and then something happened to mine that caused all the windows to blow out? Weird.

Maybe SKISHD is actually my car, but the plates etc are off another e30 of the same basic spec?

Mysterious, I wonder what happened.

Edited by Jacko

Are they tinted? maybe he just swapped the windows out for some weird reason

Dont look any different to any other e30's ive seen.

Bit of a mystery then man...

But then again carjam isnt always 100% accurate.

It said my old E30 325i was NZ new when it was from South Africa. Its quite a fortunate mistake for resale but not accurate haha

My logical guess is that he owned both the E30 and MX at the same time, had the PPlate on the MX and had a copy of it etched into the e30 so that people would always know who he was. What a player.

More people remember SKISHD = more business? Prob just for advertising purposes. Thats my guess.

More people remember SKISHD = more business? Prob just for advertising purposes. Thats my guess.

Its etched into the glass in small letters, as a security thing. Not much use for advertising, its only maybe 10mm high in the corner of the windows

Its etched into the glass in small letters, as a security thing. Not much use for advertising, its only maybe 10mm high in the corner of the windows

Have you tried contacting the plate owner to ask him...he might be able to clarify your concerns. There will be a good reason for this I'm sure.

Have you tried contacting the plate owner to ask him...he might be able to clarify your concerns. There will be a good reason for this I'm sure.

Nope only ran my plate last night, ive had the car for 2.5years. Ill have a further look into it 2mo.

I guess the other option is my car is actually an MX-5, which means im in the wrong forum and and am actually a middle aged lady, which concerns me greatly... :P

Well I ran the vin, (both the tag and the stamp match), and its my rego.

So I pulled up the rear seat and found a build tag! woohoo.

Vin number doesnt match, doh.

I have the Rear seat from WBAAA32090-9496327, 320i manual coupe, 1 month newer than my e30, option list shows it having an additional fuel tank! (0850)

Edited by Jacko