Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 Series Race Car

The lights on the drivers side are a subloom, they are plugged into the main loom by the glovebox and are a fairly easy change. I'm happy to have a look and give you some advice if you want? Be a pity to do more work than you need?

Yea. Its gonna be at Gavins for a while it looks so if your there I would really appreciate it. I'll see you at Hampton next Saturday anyway. Ill owe you big time if your right bout this and you scare dad in your car :D

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Gotheschu

Could be a good time to de-loom the car... My friend saved over 7kg in unrequired wiring from his mirage.

Find a good wiring diagram and just spend some time looking and understanding it before you start, then go for it.

Hey,

Anyone know how hard it is to replace a window in the E30's. I got a spare but apparently some f**ks came and smashed a rear window on the car while its been at the tuner's. Was going there tomorrow to work on it tomorrow anyway but should fix this too...

Thanks

Edited by Gotheschu

Who do you have it insured with?

I'm with Classic Cover and when it's not in competition i have glass cover and it doesn't effect my insurance claims stuff. Could be worth checking so you could get your install free, or save your spare screen for if you need to replace it from competition damage.

Edited by DRTDVL

Its under Dad's insurance since im a teenager ( you can guess why its under his name ) so i'll check tomorrow. some idiots have no lifes going round doing this sht though.

Yeah i had someone key the 205 when i was getting a drink in a supermarket and watched a kid pushing a shopping trolley push the trolley into the rear bumper hard enough to remove the paint and remove some of the plastic, the mom didn't even stop to see the damage which was clear as day - i had just painted the bumpers black and there was a nice lovely 50mm long gouge in the bumper.

What rear window is it? If it's the door windows they are piss easy, just take the seals off and un-bolt them from the sliders and shimmy them out. If it's the rear coupe window, I have no idea to ne honest..never head a coupe but it looks straight forward too.

Rear windscreen is a little more involved but still pretty easy with a little patience and the right gear. I have a home made (read: whorry) tool which works if ya wanna use it.

E spelling

Edited by Indecorous

Yeah i had someone key the 205 when i was getting a drink in a supermarket and watched a kid pushing a shopping trolley push the trolley into the rear bumper hard enough to remove the paint and remove some of the plastic, the mom didn't even stop to see the damage which was clear as day - i had just painted the bumpers black and there was a nice lovely 50mm long gouge in the bumper.

assholes ay?

So, did you fix them?

Off to panel beaters tomorrow morning to be painted on the inside and its getting a new window put in. Turned out with was the front drivers side, so just cleaned it all up, heaps of glass everywhere. =(

10 minute change then, easy as.

Yea. Your door cards went on great as well. Held on at the moment by the handle trim and the manual window handle thingy, I think screwing them in is best instead of rivets so if something happens in the door ( ie glass again ) I don't have to drill out the rivets. Would you agree?

Do you have templates for the rear 2 doors. Fronts look real good, light but pretty strong plastic. Ill post some pics up once it comes back from the painters with the dash in and all =D

Edited by Gotheschu

hope you get this sorted for the start of season man. would love to help you out but comuting is a little issue, gl dude.

hope you get this sorted for the start of season man. would love to help you out but comuting is a little issue, gl dude.

thanks mate. ill have to watch for the first few races but i planning to book hampton on the 23rd oct so goal is for it to be track ready then...

thanks mate. ill have to watch for the first few races but i planning to book hampton on the 23rd oct so goal is for it to be track ready then...

Yeah i had eggs key some bad language in my e34 (M50 Manual) when i had it ,it realy ticks me off,i found the guy wont mention wat happened hahahahha

yeah good luck with getting your car ready i was looking at going to hampton on the 23 or 24th because it my bday that week end but now im not sure if ill be aloud on the road(my cars far from finished to) and with my stuffed hand so my plans for hampton in october is stuffed but i would love to come watch you guys keen to see this completed,

there are some nices e30 projects on the way atm

good luck man

Getting ready to put the new loom and dash in the E30 when it comes back from the panel beater tomorrow hopefully.

Spent the afternoon getting the dash out of the parts car. So its all ready to get put into the blue race one sometime soon =) and if im lucky it'll only be the Fuse box and the dash loom I need to replace =)

only remembered to take a pic or two after i started and forgot to once i finished.

post-5250-1286264814.jpg

post-5250-1286264822.jpg

Can't afford it =( Struggling to save for the shocks and wheels/tyres and the panel beater says its running like a dog so that'll cost more getting Gavin to look at it.

Kinda sucked thought i was picking car up today, went to get it and he hasn't painted the inside yet and can't find out what colour the blue is so he cant paint over some of his panel work on the rust... Gonna try hurry him along to do the inside ASAP and finished the outside later on...

wait till you get the car back, drive it, post up what it's doing and maybe you can fix it yourself.

Finally panel work is done

So the car had a huge rust hole on the rear bumper, that's fixed, wind screen cracked when they pulled it out so new windscreen, inside has been painted along with the cage, and the front bumper secured =)

Goal is to get to the Xmas meet, so here the TO DO list so far.

- wheels - tires
- koni's
- replace loom - anyone know how to get all the wiring in those tubes and where to get the tubes from like on Ollies build. ( makes it all look tidy! )
- fit dash
- authority card
- WOF
- Tune

Also, all the pedals are sht hard to push down. might just be the springs haven't had a good chance to look but any ideas on that would be appreciated =)
- Race =)
post-5250-1288236813.jpg
post-5250-1288236829.jpg
post-5250-1288236839.jpg
post-5250-1288236849.jpg
post-5250-1288236866.jpg Edited by Gotheschu

There are 2 springs on the throttle body which spring it back. Flick one end off the stopper and let it unwind one turn on each spring. And spary some teflon lube down the throttle cable. It's so soft after that, driving in anything but the thinnest race shoes leads to hairy throttle useage. But with race shoes on, brilliant.

There are 2 springs on the throttle body which spring it back. Flick one end off the stopper and let it unwind one turn on each spring. And spary some teflon lube down the throttle cable. It's so soft after that, driving in anything but the thinnest race shoes leads to hairy throttle useage. But with race shoes on, brilliant.

Thanks Ill give that a go! Edited by Gotheschu

On top of the manifold?

On top of the manifold?

ah i get it. fck i have gotta get more common sense with this stuff.

Cars not quite back yet.

But managed to go get this out of the parts car. to replace the crappy old dash which has a like over layer that was glued on, and coming off. New dash has no cracks and its like its new =)

So its out with the old and in with the new ( when I have a car to put it in =D )

post-5250-1288671806.jpg

post-5250-1288671826.jpg

Edited by Simon*