Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 Series Race Car

its so cool. it looks awesome. I washed my first car today =) haha just awesome =D

Heaps of things to do. Get dash in, stick that floor stuff in =) And I NEED Wheels and Tires for a warrant so they're the next things to save for after the shocks which are in worse condition...

BUT HOLY **** ITS SO COOL HAVING IT BACK AGAIN!

Im. Going. To. Have. a. Climax.

post-5250-1291107016.jpg

Door cards in. Thanks Foxy!

post-5250-1291107008.jpg

How do i start with this airbox?

post-5250-1291106999.jpg

Dash thats for sale and dash to go in. ( again thanks to foxy! )

post-5250-1291106987.jpg

Stuff for the floor. Dunno, what its called

post-5250-1291106976.jpg

How do I put this back?

post-5250-1291106968.jpg

post-5250-1291107007.jpg

Looking good Jack, the mirror just twists in, from memory you put the front in and pull it back to clip the back in, it's spring loaded.

If your anal like me you might want more screws for the door cards, in the hot Wellington weather they expand like balloons :lol: quality product though ;)

Edited by Brams

If your anal like me you might want more screws for the door cards, in the hot Wellington weather they expand like balloons :lol: quality product though ;)

They do look very tidy. I like. Might have to try make something similar for mine :D

Awesome morning working on the car =) seats/Harnesses are in. Dash is so hard to mark out and bit scared to cut it so might wait a bit before I do that. But best of all. I went for my first drive in a E30 =)

HOLY sh*t ITS SO COOL! I swear I have no power steering ( thought I did ), bitch to move around in the drive way but once I found 1st and 2nd gear, the torque was awesome and the sound. How ever Im almost sure there is an exhaust leak somewhere, I could smell it, and hear it when I gave it a boot.

And.... The brakes are almost uselss haha, almost bent the X5 while trying to get out. ( thank you god for inventing hand breaks =D )

If only you guys could see the smile on my face. though. I can't wait to get it on a track!

Edited by Gotheschu

1st time driving an E30?! You should've asked the other weekend, someone would've given you a turn :P

Glad your happy, E30's are popular round here for a reason.

E30's are popular round here for a reason.

I'm still trying to figure out why...

I'm still trying to figure out why...

Easier on the pocket than pugs? :P

Finally starting to look like a race car =) or at least a car. Found more things that don't work today though. Idicators don't work at all and tacho doesn't work.

Oh and the loom with foxy's dash he gave me. I have no clue where to plug it in theres a white plug I thought it would go into but doesn't fit...

Ah. I GOT THE DASH IN!! Semiish. Can't reach 2 of the bolts but will get a 10mm spanner tomorrow for them.

Anyway heres heaps of pictures =)

Posted Image

Dash almost sitting in there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its officially a Race car =)

Posted Image

Gave the engine bay a massive clean =)

Posted Image

I think I found the cause of some of my electrical problems....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look how good I can be with a jigsaw =)

Posted Image

Edited by Gotheschu

Hey, the dash foxy gave was from a 90 facelift e30 ( just realised this ) and of cause it has a face lift loom. So is there an adapter for a face lift loom plug to go into a pre facelift plug. Heres the pictures first is the facelift plug and the pre facelift is the last photo.

post-5250-1291358248.jpg

post-5250-1291358263.jpg

can't you seperate out the looms and swap them to the dash?

since the dash was such a tight fit, I really wanted to avoid taking it out again, was such a bitch. Thought a $5 adapter would be better =)

BMW3 and I are gonna tackle it on Sunday anyway =)

Edited by Gotheschu

I dont see my old steering wheel on there yet lol

since the dash was such a tight fit, I really wanted to avoid taking it out again, was such a bitch. Thought a $5 adapter would be better =)

BMW3 and I are gonna tackle it on Sunday anyway =)

Blind leading the blind Huh ;)

I haven't noticed the wiring variations between pre & f/l dash looms but if you don't want to remove the dash, look to marry the two looms with another plug configuration

Roll cage padding in and OMP Steering Wheel, fits perfectly and Im sitting exactly where I need to be. =) First time lucky thank god, as those seats are a total bitch to move!

But overall the inside is FINALLY STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A RACE CAR =) A PROPER RACE CAR =D

post-5250-1291878743.jpg

Got race brake fluid!!! Now do I wait til I have brake lines/rotors/pads before I attempt bleeding the system?

Got race brake fluid!!! Now do I wait til I have brake lines/rotors/pads before I attempt bleeding the system?

yes! and get your braided lines from alert

Alert are a rip off since they changed hands, I'm guessing you're in a hurry though Jack?

If you're not in a hurry I'd import some Goodridge lines in yourself, you should be able to get a set of 6 hoses for about $200.

Race brakes and Alert will charge you about $150+ per hose

You could also try Eugene at Exedy in Glenfield (just around the corner from Gavin's) I suspect he'll be cheaper than Race brakes and Alert