Sign in to follow this  
Baurice

Market forces?

Hi All

What's happening to the M3 market? We have three or four great looking cars that have been for sale for a while now - rather than being snapped up as I expected? Is this normal or just a reflection of the overall economic climate?

CFN

Andrew

I'd say "which one" but I already know from keeping an eye on it you could mean any of E30, E36 or E46.

Oops - only an E30 M3 for me! Although now you mention it, the E36 and E46 are flat too!!!

Potential buyers might be like me, waiting for something else to sell to fund the toy.

Vicious cycle.

People are sitting on their hands when it comes to resonable size dollar purchasers. Although the worm might be turning people have been waiting - for what - they don't seem to know either as the only thing that has happened over the past 8 months is prices for everything have risen, so renewed enquiry is happeining as we speak.

Talking about vehicle retailing.

What's happening to the M3 market? We have three or four great looking cars that have been for sale for a while now - rather than being snapped up as I expected? Is this normal or just a reflection of the overall economic climate?

From my personal viewpoint the strength of the dollar has a lot to do with it, cars from the UK or US are a lot cheaper than the $35k+ that people are asking for the NZ cars. Plus there is a lot more to choose from, and are original LHD not converted to RHD.

Plus the fact that times are still pretty hard at the moment for most people with a lot of uncertainty, not many people with that kind of money lying around to spend on what would most likely be a second or third car.