Sign in to follow this  
keen

e30 318 1989

can someone tell me how or what to check to fix reverse lights which are intermittent in operation?

And the fuel gauge is still sitting on full and not coming down. I always fill the tank right up at each refuelling and for some reason this time its stayed there.

My fuel gauge sometimes flicks up to full when I go over bumps (I never fill it up though) and it stays there. I simply bang the speedo and it will go back down. As for the brake lights, no idea--but you could unplug them? Mine dont work & have passed 3 wofs so far.

Reversing lights aren't a WOF requirement, unless only one goes or some BS like that... ask Glenn :P

Is the car automatic or manual? check the connection around the transmission selector, I think that's where the switch wires are.

As for the Gauges... pull the cluster out and tighten up the brass nut on the back, it's the earth for it. (even give the nut a sand down or something like that)

Reversing lights aren't a WOF requirement, unless only one goes or some BS like that... ask Glenn :P

Alot of the testing stations are now pinging you for reverse lights & rear fog lights. Its a bit of a cockup realy because half the AVI's don't know their cars. Alot of the cars now come out with one fog light on the R/H side & one reverse light on the L/H side.

To my knowledge it is - if a light is fitted - it MUST work. Meaning reverse light lenses - lamps should work

To my knowledge it is - if a light is fitted - it MUST work. Meaning reverse light lenses - lamps should work

yes thats right i am an avi . if its there it must work

can someone tell me how or what to check to fix reverse lights which are intermittent in operation?

And the fuel gauge is still sitting on full and not coming down. I always fill the tank right up at each refuelling and for some reason this time its stayed there.

steering back on track, to OP

check the reverse switch, failing that give me a yell

cheers

Jon