Sign in to follow this  
ssbmw

A E34 Alpina B10

Hi guys,

I have a friend who is looking to potentially sell one of his beloved BMW's.

He has been a BMW enthusiast, especially Alpina's for the last 30 odd years and is looking to sell one of his special cars, his 1989 E34 Alpina B10.

In Lazerblue Metallic and cream leather, it is a 3.5 that has been given the Alpina engine and suspension tweaks that made this a true 80's super-sedan. Sporting 260 bhp, this car was supplied new by Frank Sytner of Nottingham in the UK who was the Alpina agent during the 80's.

The current owner owned this car in the 90's and bought it for the 2nd time approximately 10 years ago -illustrating the passion he has for this special E34.

Even though it has now done over 300,000kms, this car has an exceptional service history - almost exlusively serviced with Ross Lamb at BM worskhop since it has been in NZ, and the car's performance belies its age and mileage.

My daily driver is a 2008 Falcon with similar output. Even with modern technology, the Falcon is no match for the B10 in terms of performance and handling capabilities. This car performs very well.

This is a reluctant sale but if you are interested contact Alan Thomas on AThomas@xtra.co.nz

b104.bmp

Beautiful, I love this colour.

All the best with his sale

Very nice.

Price estimates?

I think Alan is realistic, but to be fair, I am not sure 100% sure what he wants. Best to possibly contact him.

Regards.

Just beautiful, cant wait till i get my alpina's painted up.

Very nice.

Price estimates?

Mid teens negotiable, sales in the last year for others not as original but with lower mileage have been 20k+ in Franklin , 19k for the black one from Whenuapi, and 17k asking on the black one with silver stripes....

Got offered a 1991 E34 M5, with a lot less k's and NZ new today for $18,500. I wouldn't have thought it would be worth as much as that, maybe around the 16k mark? Lovely car by the sound tho, good luck with the sale.

Got offered a 1991 E34 M5, with a lot less k's and NZ new today for $18,500. I wouldn't have thought it would be worth as much as that, maybe around the 16k mark? Lovely car by the sound tho, good luck with the sale.

Hi, See my message above yours.... we are talking mid teens negotiable. I think the car is worth it.

Agree completely, I'd think mid teens are very realistic. They are very nice cars, good luck with the sale again. :)

Very pretty car, has to be worth all of the mid teens. Even though the M5 is probably a better car in terms of power but the Alpina is extremely rare & price must reflect that. Knowing that your the only one in your suburb/town that has an Alpina is a good feeling I could imagine!