Sign in to follow this  
APT

EOI: Rebuilt 2.7 M20 Stroker.

At this stage it is an EOI Just want to see if anyone is serious in buying the set up off me or i will just put it in my car..

ETA Block

731 Head

B25 Intake Throttle Body.

Aftermarket Cam

Chipped ECU

Rebuilt Head, Striped Block a long list really. Close to $3000 in receipts.

Pulls like you wont believe. PM me if youre genuinely interested and we can talk $$$

Hope the mods dont mind this theres just to many factors to put a set $ value on it ATM.

Something else planned mate. But if i have no takers then i guess i will HAVE to lol

Something else planned mate. But if i have no takers then i guess i will HAVE to lol

Price?

Would be keen to know what your ball park figure is.... as i could be interested

What pistons were used? If it is no issues and it will bolt into my touring without drama - I have $1800 to offer.

Edit: just realised you said it pulls well. How long ago was it built? How many K's has it done?

Edited by JiB

Would be keen to know what your ball park figure is.... as i could be interested

word

It was finished being built in April last year, and has ~13000k on it.

And the receipt he has is only for the work and replacement parts, it doesnt include the cost of the block, head, cam, chip, inlet manifold, belts, waterpump, afm, etc...

Cheers Dude :D still not 100% if i want to sell it though. But anyone genuinely keen can PM me. Jibs Offer is pretty close to what i want for it.

put it into your car,look standard.cops will not pull you out while they look at your car is factory.

I'm not sure that's the right attitude - your insurance companies can withhold payouts if your car isn't warrantable. A lvv cert is definitely needed for a larger capacity and higher powered motor.

Guest Simon*

put it into your car,look standard.cops will not pull you out while they look at your car is factory.

Ridiculous comment coming from you. You should want the Police to be your friends

I think what he is trying to say is that your car is not obviously modified and therefore less likely to pull over. In a round about way.

Anyway back on topic, I'm assuming this is from Antony's car which i can voucher for and does pull very nicely.

I'm not sure that's the right attitude - your insurance companies can withhold payouts if your car isn't warrantable. A lvv cert is definitely needed for a larger capacity and higher powered motor.

I thought to trigger a cert you had to increase power by more than 20%. Yes, no?

I thought to trigger a cert you had to increase power by more than 20%. Yes, no?

or displacement(i think). Edited by Jeddy

It's a weird one.

But I think you need to cert for any engine swap that gives you a displacement increase.

but you can stroke the standard engine as long as it doesn't give you more than 20% power increase.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/CertThresholdScheduleApril04V3.pdf

The best thing to do in any case, is to ring someone that knows what they're talking about haha.

Edited by antil33t

Also read from LTSA website a cert is not needed when using the same 'family' of engine in this case a M20 engine.

Neil Fraser who's going to be doing my cert said I would need a re-cert for a displacement or power increase.