Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Fail service is Fail

Be keen to hear from anyone who's had a similar experience from Smith & Smith auto-glass. I instigated a claim for my windscreen in May. Finally last week it was at the shop & ready to be fitted, so I dropped it off and picked it up & it looked brilliant, until it started raining. The drivers wiper hardly touched the screen making it rather difficult to see so I took it to BMW and replaced all the wiper rubbers at 70 bucks! Later that day it kept doing it so I took it back and they ordered two new wipers - this also didn't work.

By that stage I was starting to really loose my sense of humour. Smith & Smith accepted that it was their fault so I took it back to BMW and they found that internally they had bent something making my wiper way off angle - quite simply they'd lost a sleeve & bent the wiper arm. I've been sent a customer satisfaction survey from them in my P.O Box today and when I was talking to BMW, I told them about the survey and I said that there wouldn't be enough room on that piece of paper for all the swear words.

I'm in a repair industry and accept that mistakes are often made, but constantly in that two months I went in asking about my screen and they'd simply forgotten to order it, that & now the bent wiper arm has really taken the cake. The shagging round & lost time & money that it's caused me I'd never use the bastards again.

lolcat is no longer funny

There's a heap of threads about Smith And Smith.

Pretty much the reason why I'm going to bare with my shitty windscreen till someone cries about it.

My insurance co. wanted me to use Smith and Smith. I refused as I have always had great service from another supplier in town. They eventually let me use who I wanted. So if you're not happy, next time explain to your insurance company you won't use them and go somewhere else.

Not much help this time I'm afraid.

As soon as you pull the line, do it or I'll bail to your competition for my insurance they jump. I'm running only a small business but my premiums are nearly 6k a year so they will shift quickly if I put my foot down!

smith and smith f**ked up my windscreen replacement TWICE! and it still leaks.

i cant be farked calling them a third time to get it replace again plus no one drives the car apart from my dad on a sunny sunday so it doesnt bother me too much living in welly with a bike.

god over summer i have soo much i need to fix on that car :-(

i think this is the problem when you use the equivilant of Mc Doanlds in the windscreen game.

lots of staff that are just doing a job.

i use a local guy who has to put his name on his business so he makes sure he does it right.

Oh yes the old Smith & Smith .........

They replaced the screen in my Touring - afterwards you could not talk in the car due to wind noise.

After two more attempts, it is 'better' but not as quiet as it used to be.

Sick of / too scared to take back again, as they are rough as guts - lots of black gunk left on the panels of the car etc.

Next time I need a screen, I'll be asking Insurance co if there is anywhere else I can go.

I had two windscreens replaced by Smith and Smith in Penrose. Both times they did a good job.

However, I guess the larger the firm, the more squeaky wheels there will be.

(1) Smith and Smith Petone replaced the broken passenger side window in the E38, buggered up the trim, left glass inside the door which scratched the new glass.

Went back saw manager who prmised to order glass, replace it etc.

Weeks later followed up, nothing ordered. A few days later they range back and arranged to do the job. All sweet 2nd time round.

(2) Smith and Smith repalced the passenger glass in my company Outlander. Scatched the sh*t out of the plastic trim fitting a temporary plastic window needed until the glass came in the next day.

Lesson - do not leave a valintine one, or even radar detector mounts on your windscreen while your car is unattended. Unattended bastards will break a window to get the radar detector they think is in the glove box!

To add insult to injury, it was raining on the way home. The problem is still there after being there all day yesterday at BMW.

Oh my oh my words will be had on Monday.

A little OT but has anyone gotten those chip repairs done before, was waiting for it too crack but it's not wanting to go!?

Before i started at BMW i didn't have a clue on how to replace windscreens, now i'm a pro at it, if a customer comes in to order a screen we tell them that we can fit it also which insurance companys don't seem to have a problem with, i've had three windscreens replaced by S&S on the M3, the wiper shroud seems to get more f**ked every time, I'll just do it myself next time.

Before i started at BMW i didn't have a clue on how to replace windscreens, now i'm a pro at it, if a customer comes in to order a screen we tell them that we can fit it also which insurance companys don't seem to have a problem with, i've had three windscreens replaced by S&S on the M3, the wiper shroud seems to get more f**ked every time, I'll just do it myself next time.

Good to know that mate.

Finally after going into BMW three times I picked it up yesterday with the result I needed! It works!