Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

This is SCARY...

This is scary...

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=123336&hl=

Ok... These where glued to the road in various places. The road was known for people driving quicker than the speed limit

Posted Image

A Sapphire Cosworth apparently hit one or more, and the result was this:

Posted Image

One guy dead, one paralysed, one or two severely injured

Guest Simon*

In some ways I'm not surprised - at times I don't think we're far away from such vigilantism here in enzed.

And I know many people would not shed a tear for the death and destruction of a "boy racer." After that cop got done over in Chch a lot of people would see the homemade roadspike and the result as job well done.

Even if you are obeying the law and only doing 50km/h, if you hit a bunch of those on the road i doubt very much that you would be able to safely control the vehicle to a stop.

Endangers law abiding families aswell. Stupid idea.

I would sit at the end of the road with my 308 rifle and laser site, pick off the swine like that :) Selective deletion. (JJokes)

I hope they caught the people that put them there and done them for murder. Manslaughter at the very least.

+1 thats a f.n stupid idea, people are going to run over them and ruin their tyres at the very least no matter what speed their doing, and as is quite clear it causes accidents which can involve innocent bystandards so whoever put them there is just as stupid if not more than the speeding motorist.

Few years ago I was outside my car on the side of the a road here in Mosgiel that virtually everyone does 65-70k down in a 50 zone. The guy across the road gets so pissed with people I seen him pickup his broom and throw it at the car, smashed the windscreen and the poor woman driving with 2 kids inside wasn't angry, but very upset. She called the police and the guy was arrested, fair enough she was speeding ok, most of us here are guilty but throwing a fkn broom at the car?

I guess it gets too much for some people that they think they have to do such stupid things.

That is scary.

This is funny though:

Had some little S**ts do that to me recently. Must admit I slowed but then they cracked up & gave it away. Did amuse me though

Looks like the original thread on the GTI forum has been taken down, I can't get the link to work. Does anyone know whereabouts in the UK that happened?

Unfortunately, people resort to those kind of actions as they feel the authorities are not taking enough / the right measures to stop it. I know one of my mates in the UK was having some issues and reported it to the police and was basically told that although, yes the people concerned were breaking the law, there was nothing they could do about it, and even if they did it would never get to court, etc. End result was my mate going all Dirty Harry on one of the guys concerned, seems to have had the desired effect though, problem solved.

All the namby-pamby, PC, civil liberties bullshit is going to see an increase in this kind of vigilante action as the Police / local authorities / governments, etc have less and less power to sort people out.

to be perfectly honest a little OTT but good on him :rolleyes: ! it must have gotten pretty serious to have gone to sticking crazy MFing looking nails too the road.