Sign in to follow this  
fatjoez

Where to go for a good car-service in Auckland?

So the 135i is just over 10,000KM now and the previous oil change / service was at 2000km

Thinking it'd be a good time to get a basic service? oil change at least

Anyone wanna recommend what things to get done at this 10k mark?

Just oil?

And then can ya'll recommend places on the Shore or Auckland City that know BMWs well

quick look @ whitepages

theres 2

1 in grey lynn

1 in east tamaki

bit of a stretch, for a service when theres like a million places on the shore, but then i suppose i just asked for recommendations haha

Bavarian Motor Works, Glenfield, just off Wairau Rd.

6 Colway Place Glenfield Auckland

Edited by Silver Fox

Or just take your $60,000 car to BMW and pay a few dollars more have it serviced properly, when it comes to resale of a modern car a dealer service history is appealing and shows the owner has looked after it.

You could always do it yourself if you want to save money :rolleyes:

On the shore i have used Bellars Motor Works and can definitely recommend them, my father and i have used them for near ten years, current owner is guy by the name of Ken, very friendly and helpful..

Over the Bridge Botany Motor Works, huge amounts of rave reviews on here of them.

I take the 540i to Burgers, hes pretty good. Ive had no issues with him and he is extremely professional and knowledgeable. As already mentioned, if it was worth 60k Id take it to BMW and get them to deal with it!

cant find bavarian motor in the white pages

what about Burgers motor work

http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Automotive-R...045617_880.html

should i buy my own oil from repco to make sure its top notch or wat

So the 135i is just over 10,000KM now and the previous oil change / service was at 2000km

Thinking it'd be a good time to get a basic service? oil change at least

Anyone wanna recommend what things to get done at this 10k mark?

Just oil?

And then can ya'll recommend places on the Shore or Auckland City that know BMWs well

Those are very low km's for a car which I can only deduce is out of free servicing, what was the deal there?

I would also so assume that if you can afford a 135i, your immediate choice would be the dealer no questions

Or just take your $60,000 car to BMW and pay a few dollars more have it serviced properly, when it comes to resale of a modern car a dealer service history is appealing and shows the owner has looked after it.

You could always do it yourself if you want to save money :rolleyes:

It's not really about the money,

just want a decent service and I don't really have much faith in dealership servicing nor am I sold on the notion that dealers provide the best car-service, which is really all I was enquiring about, where to get a decent car service

regarding out of free servicing, i'm the second owner, and BMW decided to cancel transferring of warranties to 2nd owners, and also servicing I think, though I'm not 100% sure on that actually but I would assume servicing would be cancelled with the warranty?

some kind of new policy the guy said at the time when i asked him bout warranty

regarding out of free servicing, i'm the second owner, and BMW decided to cancel transferring of warranties to 2nd owners, and also servicing I think, though I'm not 100% sure on that actually but I would assume servicing would be cancelled with the warranty?

some kind of new policy the guy said at the time when i asked him bout warranty

If that's true, this might be something new. I bought my car as Premium Selection last year and got 2 years service plan and warranty from Team McMillan. I've been in for couple of warranty repairs and they are ok.

I previously had good experience with Jerry Clayton's off-site service centre on Silverfield, Wairau Valley and Grey Lynn's BM Workshop for servicing.

yea not 100% sure on the servicing, but we spoke to the dealership at the time and they said warranties weren't able to be transferred

Perhaps I should call and check on servicing