Sign in to follow this  
deane30

Favourite brew

Me i dont drink much but ill drink just about whatever brand is put in front of me, ill give it a try.

if im buying beer, Rheinbeck!

not cause its nice

Cause its cheap.

Hahaha, used to be like $5.80 for a six pack, Thats $0.96 cents a can , less than a dollar hahahahaha.

its a little more now though.

anyone else drink Rheinbeck?

Brown, smelly and does terrible things to your backside :lol: , in otherwise a strongly flavoured bitter.

Being from Kent, the beers were always made with the best hops in the world - local ones.

Hey Jon - I didn't think the Poms made good beer, adding to - they drink the bloody stuff warm :wacko:

I'm with Dave & not precious - nothing wrong with Red.

Otherwise - also partial to a Stella or Steinie Pure & on occasion the odd Guiness

OK Grant, you've got me to bite on your bait..

Not ALL beer is meant to be served at sub-zero temperatures like fizzy cheap lager, all that does is dull the flavours and make you want to piss more. All PROPER beer that is stored in a well run beer cellar does not need to be chilled, even in the middle of summer, merely hand pulled instead of pumped full of gas. It should not be "warm" just a few degrees below room temperature is all that is required.

Fizzy, gassy, cheap crap needs to be chilled to hide the chemical tastes and stop the stuff exploding everywhere. It also makes it easier to store and last longer in the barrel, but does nothing for the taste. Most of the best beers I have tasted were served straight from the barrel by means of only gravity, with not a chiller or gas cylinder in sight.

As for people drinking a good white wine staight from the fridge, or a decent red that hasn't breathed... I'm not a wine snob and at the end of the day, whatever people like, let them drink it. There is no such thing as "the best beer" it's all down to personal tastes and likes, so each to their own.

Oh and Grant, don't be so coy, you're partial to whatever anyone puts in your hand!

OK Grant, you've got me to bite on your bait..

Not ALL beer is meant to be served at sub-zero temperatures like fizzy cheap lager, all that does is dull the flavours and make you want to piss more. All PROPER beer that is stored in a well run beer cellar does not need to be chilled, even in the middle of summer, merely hand pulled instead of pumped full of gas. It should not be "warm" just a few degrees below room temperature is all that is required.

Fizzy, gassy, cheap crap needs to be chilled to hide the chemical tastes and stop the stuff exploding everywhere. It also makes it easier to store and last longer in the barrel, but does nothing for the taste. Most of the best beers I have tasted were served straight from the barrel by means of only gravity, with not a chiller or gas cylinder in sight.

As for people drinking a good white wine staight from the fridge, or a decent red that hasn't breathed... I'm not a wine snob and at the end of the day, whatever people like, let them drink it. There is no such thing as "the best beer" it's all down to personal tastes and likes, so each to their own.

Oh and Grant, don't be so coy, you're partial to whatever anyone puts in your hand!

YEE HAA - Caught a fish!!! :)

Nothing better to me for refreshing on a hot day - is a COLD beer.

Maybe what I'm used to but I don't go much for beer that's not chilled - whatever it is.

Yep, agreed though - no such thing as the "best beer"

I'm not fussy but there are limits to what I will drink

"Don't need to be chilled even in Summer" - That's cause UK doesn't get "summer" isn't it? <_<

Anyone heard of Hofbräu ? It's rather hard to get so when I buy it, I try to get a 24 pack costs about 95 bucks for a 24 pack. If I don't have this or mates (won't share it!) are coming around it's Heineken as standard.

Posted Image

Assets: This woman below has them.

Posted Image

My favourite bottle of plonk at the moment is the Jules Taylor sav, it's the bee's shins

Cheers for that. Very enjoyable indeed.

Anyone heard of Hofbräu ? It's rather hard to get so when I buy it, I try to get a 24 pack costs about 95 bucks for a 24 pack. If I don't have this or mates (won't share it!) are coming around it's Heineken as standard.

Posted Image

Assets: This woman below has them.

Posted Image

Hofbrau is great, they make some awesome weiss beers. Its on tap at the malthouse in Wellington.

I am a rum and cola man but if it hase to be a beer heineken is my favorite

The only place in Dunedin it's served is at the Duke of Wellington - They also serve it on tap in Queenstown, but it's great in a Stein.