Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

First person view RC vid

http://vimeo.com/guerillasoarer/videos - This guy Trappy is a loose unit, does some awesome stuff, and gets in lots of trouble for it. Hes had lawsuits for smashing into ski lifts, and chasing cars :D

http://vimeo.com/13283846

Edited by Jacko

I know what my next hobby is going to be.

sh*t these FPV flying wings are cool! I imagine there is quite a bit of money in one of those.

I still think an FPV helicopter would be awesome, great for aerial surveillance, roof inspections etc ...

Its getting cheaper and cheaper. I have a few ritewings, none FPV (yet...), A zephyr can be set up for $500, add another $400 for an average radio, and ~1k for FPV gear and do the same as the vids. Same as anything though, you can spend much more or less ;)

To do it "full bling" roughly double the price, but you'd have HD FPV goggles and a fricken sweet setup!

NZ CAA/NZMAA law at the moment doesnt really cover FPV. "legally" you cant fly beyond visual range, and you need a spotter watching your plane and ready to grab the sticks incase it goes pear shaped.

This has been around awhile, and its pretty nuts -

Edited by Jacko

This is my latest RW, custom designed by Mr RW for me, so im a bit of a fan ;)

Maiden flight in tokoroa with the rocket man (Bruce Simpson) so I was being gentle with it making sure nothing exploded/melted, its doing around ~180 mph. Datalogger melted so I didnt get any pitot static airspeed numbers which sucked. This one is sitting at 2.2kW, previous one smoked a bugatti veyron to 140mph with 1.4kW, so this should deal to the veyron SS!