Sign in to follow this  
Horyse

New Member From NP with E36

Hey Guys, new here,

I'm Matty, I have a 318i E36 1992 Auto

Have got tints, painted sideskirts and front and rear bumper and 17" rims so not too many mods.

Heres sum pics of my car for you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any tips and hints about the E36 would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Welcome Matt! Good to see another New Plymouth member, will have to look out for you around town.

You will learn alot of valuable info on here.

Welcome.

Look at getting some replica facelift lights like these Trade Me

They make a huge improvement to the look of the car. If you look around you can actually by the seperatly which sometimes can be cheaper.

Welcome mate-nice looking e36 you have there

Thanks guys. Yea I was wanting to get clear indicator lights, i dnt know what it is about the amber but I just don't like it. I'm wrecking an E30 so any money I make off that is going to my E36. :P

and _BRS_ i think i have seen you in town a few times.

Welcome Matt!

Have fun, Nice car! :)

Edited by antil33t

Thanks. I am currently re-doing my door cards as I have found new ones are expensive and quite hard to get. They aren't perfect but the one I have done so far looks okay, I got some black synthetic leather to do them with.

It sure looks a hell of a lot better than falling off cloth.

welcome mate

nice looking car

+1 on the lights they really lift the look of the car

welcome mate

nice looking car

+1 on the lights they really lift the look of the car

Thanks. I was just planning on getting the front indicator lights first, any ideas where to get them from and how much they cost?

Cheers

welcome

That will make two Matt's from Bimmersport in NP as im shifting down there next weekend

Sweet! will be able to see you round town. Wouldn't mind seeing ur bmw too haha.

Hi Westy!

Awesome. I'm pretty sure you are the first to reply to Westy's polite salutation.

Welcome!

Hey, was driving my car last nyt and suddenly i started hearing a bubbly whirring sound every time i let my foot off the accelerator.

It doesn't stop until I either put my foot back on the accelerator or i stop the car. Does anyone know what this could be? Auto gearbox going? Wheel Bearing?

It sounds as if it is coming from the rear right wheel but am not completely sure.

Hey, was driving my car last nyt and suddenly i started hearing a bubbly whirring sound every time i let my foot off the accelerator.

It doesn't stop until I either put my foot back on the accelerator or i stop the car. Does anyone know what this could be? Auto gearbox going? Wheel Bearing?

It sounds as if it is coming from the rear right wheel but am not completely sure.

Welcome mate! the whirring sound may be your diff/oil level, next time you are driving see if the sound comes from the back...i had a similar issue with mine which was a leaking diff.

Welcome mate! the whirring sound may be your diff/oil level, next time you are driving see if the sound comes from the back...i had a similar issue with mine which was a leaking diff.

Hey thanks, yes it does seem to be coming from the back of the car, I thought it was my diff. I did notice some oil around the right hand side of the diff a while ago but it wasnt much so I didn't really worry. How do you fix this? new diff seals? or will I have to replace my whole diff?

Cheers.