Sign in to follow this  
Denz

ACC on wire in the boot of an e30?

Just wondering if anyone had found a suitable wire to use as the remote switch for an amp for a sub, an a ACC on wire?

Im trying to wire a sub and everything else is already in the boot except for the wire and I really want to avoid pulling carpet etc if I can.

Edited by Denz

there might be one in there from the stock amp. but proberbly just best to run your own one, just chuck it down those door stop things at the bottem of the door, wont take you more than 10min

could always do it like the previous owner did in my 316i.. just lay it over the top bae

seriously though, if its a sedan just pull up the plastic parts where the doors close on one side and take out the back seat base (grab hold of the front and pull up, nothing to undo) and poke a wire through and then clip the carpet back down. dont forget to thread behind the seatbelt anchorage. not sure about coupe as i havent owned one but probably very little different

could always do it like the previous owner did in my 316i.. just lay it over the top bae

seriously though, if its a sedan just pull up the plastic parts where the doors close on one side and take out the back seat base (grab hold of the front and pull up, nothing to undo) and poke a wire through and then clip the carpet back down. dont forget to thread behind the seatbelt anchorage. not sure about coupe as i havent owned one but probably very little different

it was the seats I was having the trouble with

Cheers

I will get pics eventualy

He's from Dunedin, needs a couple 'coz of all the hills and uni students snapping them off no doubt haha

He's from Dunedin, needs a couple 'coz of all the hills and uni students snapping them off no doubt haha

This, I've actually got 3.

^ same g. GPS tracking ftw. will have another one eventually too :D

However pretty sure you cant use the power antenna wire though, coz thats only live when the areial is either going up or down. and even if it is live, the amp will only run when the headunit is set to radio

However pretty sure you cant use the power antenna wire though, coz thats only live when the areial is either going up or down. and even if it is live, the amp will only run when the headunit is set to radio

Depends on your headunit entirely.

It's only live when the headunit is on, that keeps the ariel up, and when you turn the headunit off, the ariel goes down. (it has constant 12+)

My old headunit would keep it up constantly, no matter what mode. but my new one will put it down (which I like)

or some headunits have just one remote output.

or if the ariel was broken, you could just use it's trigger wire for your amp.

unless hes running on high levels off the rear speakers.

but as above factory amps, maybe fuel pump using a relay?

unless hes running on high levels off the rear speakers.

but as above factory amps, maybe fuel pump using a relay?

I am runnin the high levels off of the rear speakers.

I was convinced you were trying to claim ACC after mangling yourself on a wire in the boot of your car, this appears to not be the case.

I was convinced you were trying to claim ACC after mangling yourself on a wire in the boot of your car, this appears to not be the case.

HAHA selective reading

does your arial come down when you change to cd? most factory units, epseically older ones don't in which case there is +12V there.