Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Oh dear, Kia Rio Diesel

RIO DIESEL

Yep! We've bought one to replace our Mazda 6.

Before you all shake your heads and go, wtf is he on, it's all about pure economics.

My wife travels about 45-50km a year as her work is out of town. The Mazda 6 is hulling through petrol at 9.8liters per 100km combined. We've worked it out the Rio Diesel will save us atleast $75 per week in running costs. We've also needed to sell the Mazda as the mileage is now at 155km, we bought it at 90km. The Rio uses 4.5 combined but on a trip it was pulling 3.9-4.2 per 100km.

The power is 81kw and 235nm and in a light car that NM is very zippy. It has everything from stability control, 6 airbags, e.t.c also. The drive is actually very addictive with that torque, it's very quick off the line and passing is as if it was a 2 litre petrol. Dam they've come a long way over the last few years!

Reliability wise a good mate of mine has one as a works car and he is literally the worst person in the world at looking after cars, it's thrashed constantly and he doesn't use a clutch to change up in gears, he's absolutely shocking. His has done 70,000km in 2 years and no problems whatsoever. Servicing intervals are the same and cost about $180 (15km for diesel and petrol) They also come with a 5 year 100,000km warranty.

Burnt orange or Sunset orange is the paint code which IMO is quite nice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice buy Clinton - I sell these new, amoungst other products! The colour is Sunset orange. Incidently you can 'chip' these!! We have one which plugs into the rail and allows you to 'play' with the fueling. We have tried it on a few of the CRDi Kia's - the Rio was a big change, even more of a rocket!

I've been shaking my head all day. But how could you go wrong with a 20k brand new car?

These are now 25k new, we're paying 18 for this one ex rental.

Nice buy Clinton - I sell these new, amoungst other products! The colour is Sunset orange. Incidently you can 'chip' these!! We have one which plugs into the rail and allows you to 'play' with the fueling. We have tried it on a few of the CRDi Kia's - the Rio was a big change, even more of a rocket!

Are they a big seller? Any issues with them?

How very sensible and dare I say cute. Good purchase!

The 15's are going, getting a set of 16" multi spokes for it to boy it up a bit. Wife says it looks like an old ladies car lol.

I'm sure it will look rather snazzy on multi spokes. I also think the Kia cars have come a long way, the Cerato Koup are a very yummy little beast, I'd rock one any day with a decent set of rims.

Dare I ask have you added in the RUC's into the total running cost?

very reliable Clinton - just make sure a Kia dealer services it, especially with the right diesel oil! Very popular, only downside is no auto which most people prefer! haha the hatch is a little less nana, and the new facelift one def looks less nana-ish!

New they are $25,990 on road.

The Koup looks awesome on wheels and lowered - can def vouch for that!

Most impressive is the new Sorento & Sportage. The Sorento 2.2 Turb Diesel makes 145kW and 445Nm!!! As much as i love Bm's i'd rock a Sorento before an X5 for the money!

Yer, those sorrento's engines have to be epic. Reliability has to be questioned if a 2.2 4 cyclinder diesel engine is developing those figures though, I mean a new X5 3.0d engine is only 520nm and 170kw!

Dare I ask have you added in the RUC's into the total running cost?

Certainly have mate. It would be about 100 a week difference without RUC.

Yer, those sorrento's engines have to be epic. Reliability has to be questioned if a 2.2 4 cyclinder diesel engine is developing those figures though, I mean a new X5 3.0d engine is only 520nm and 170kw!

A couple of my customers do big mileage and have had no issues at all. They spent alot of time developing that engine and the Hyundai Santa Fe also uses it too. It is definatly reliable. We just sold a couple of years old X5 last week with the twin turbo sd engine, 210kw and 580nm from memory....

Who sold you the car? was it Neil?

Im pretty partial to Hyundais lately, took a Santa Fe Elite for a blast the other day, not bad, think i might get one in a few months for summer, i can get them cheap on a lease.. they look ok all kitted out and are good on gas,

Either that or i might get an Isuzu Dmax..

The ix35's are ok, tuscon is a bit sappy the ix45 are a good buy for a city suv style car.. better than wasting a good 4wd for city only driving, i especially like when you put your car in reverse half the rearview mirror turns into a reverse camera with green, yellow and red zones.. cool! and their doors close nice and solid. like a bmw

Edited by shaneg

Who sold you the car? was it Neil?

Im pretty partial to Hyundais lately, took a Santa Fe Elite for a blast the other day, not bad, think i might get one in a few months for summer, i can get them cheap on a lease.. they look ok all kitted out and are good on gas,

Either that or i might get an Isuzu Dmax..

The ix35's are ok, tuscon is a bit sappy the ix45 are a good buy for a city suv style car.. better than wasting a good 4wd for city only driving, i especially like when you put your car in reverse half the rearview mirror turns into a reverse camera with green, yellow and red zones.. cool! and their doors close nice and solid. like a bmw

Nope, Debbie, I think she's the manager there?

+25 hp and +55nm after a remap

Reoooowwwwwwww

+25 hp and +55nm after a remap

Reoooowwwwwwww

Ha, nearly 300nm in a car that weighs as much as tracing paper has to be good fun.

Havent met debbie, Neils my Dads brother in law, he owns Carbase..

I met Neil yesterday when I went into sign the paperwork.

Havent met debbie, Neils my Dads brother in law, he owns Carbase..

I met Neil yesterday when I went into sign the paperwork.

A couple of my customers do big mileage and have had no issues at all. They spent alot of time developing that engine and the Hyundai Santa Fe also uses it too. It is definatly reliable. We just sold a couple of years old X5 last week with the twin turbo sd engine, 210kw and 580nm from memory....

The Sportage - when are they coming out in a diesel? Will they have the 145kw 450nm unit? It has to be one of the best looking cars I've seen. That & the Cerato.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Clinton

They won't be released in diesel till next year - there is f-all stock. We are getting 5 diesel models next month. 3x LTD's and 2x EX's. They have a 2.0L R-series engine 135kW 392Nm, same engine they also use in the Hyundai IX35. They are awesome to drive - i have done a few kms in the new ones. Let me know if you want a diesel one, once these are gone there won't be any till prob Feb.....

Sorry mate, but you said they aren't releasing them in Diesel until next year but your getting 5 next month lol?

Correct. You can't release a vehicle with only 5 units lol! However we can sell those 5 units as we are one of their larger dealers and have access to them. I think it was a cancelled order of some description which Kia NZ took.

Correct. You can't release a vehicle with only 5 units lol! However we can sell those 5 units as we are one of their larger dealers and have access to them. I think it was a cancelled order of some description which Kia NZ took.

What kind of money is a diesel one mate?

EX model is $48990 on the road, can't recall LTD price atm, think its $52990 on road.