Sign in to follow this  
fatjoez

mate any car lighting ekshperts here or shops

Bought some LED replacements for the angel eye rings on my cars headlights

but i got this in the mail lol

apparently like i have to take the headlamps out of the car first, then open the back and remove the old leds which are like these, and put in these

mate i figured i just come here find one of you ekshperts and meet up wit yas

or a lighting shop if you guys wanna recommend one

Posted Image

Your info is lacking car model, what do you drive?

At a guess from the photo an e82 or 88 1 series

Out of interest where did you buy them from? pretty piss poor instructions. That is assuming they are an aftermarket product

Edited by bbs

Hey guys

Yea E82 model, and ya hilarious zero instructions included, but thrn that's cause they're supposed to be purchase in conjunction with the headlights, not separately, anyway the guys told me its relatively straightforward just pull out the headlight, open the back, take out the old ones put in these new ones

Just not that keen on doin it myself, don't even know where to start taking the headlamp out lol

So yea wat u guys recommend, I'm on the north shore auckland

Had the LEDs installed to the headlights (the headlights are aftermarket Projector headlights)

Anyway getting error codes thrown on the dash now because every time i do a coldstart I get lighting system failure errors, it's usually just the once per coldstart but its still annoying.

Anyone got any thoughts, I've heard it happening on a variety of bmws when people switch out bulbs etc.

What are the usual fixes?

not sure if it will apply in this case, but when you switch out filament bulbs for LEDs the warning lights always come on, as the sensor on the dash measures current draw not resistance and/or voltage

Hey brother, yea done a fair bit of research on the whole matter

My HID headlights are MTEC which apparently shouldn't throw errors which perhaps explains why they havent for the past 8 months.

But it's weird that as soon as I swapped the 16 filament/halogen tiny bulbs that power the rings,

I get bulbout errors.

What you reckon I should do I'm trying to hunt around and find a workshop that could possibly OBD code the computer to accept the new levels