Sign in to follow this  
OP6

E34 535 Performance chip

After a performance chip for a mate with a 1989 535 manual, or alternatively suggestions on what will give the best bang for the buck.

My mate has buggar all money but a couple of pfl and fl E30's which he is wrecking. Trade?

After a performance chip for a mate with a 1989 535 manual, or alternatively suggestions on what will give the best bang for the buck.

My mate has buggar all money but a couple of pfl and fl E30's which he is wrecking. Trade?

Tried EBay? I picked up a chip from a guy sapporo10

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tab=AllFeedback

Cost me around $50NZ for a euro spec'd M50B25 chip, took a week to turn up in a 3M antistatic box, comes with very detailed instructions too.

I havent installed it yet, but he has some great feedback so I expect it will be at least a half decent map.

Tried EBay? I picked up a chip from a guy sapporo10

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tab=AllFeedback

Cost me around $50NZ for a euro spec'd M50B25 chip, took a week to turn up in a 3M antistatic box, comes with very detailed instructions too.

I havent installed it yet, but he has some great feedback so I expect it will be at least a half decent map.

with the ol M30 we have a problem.The NZ new 535 were configured to run on leaded gas,no oxygen sensor and a different ecu than the M 30 in the rest of the world.I have heard that the ecu is the same as the e28,wether this is actually true i dont know.

Guest Simon*

I think the general consensus for "bang for buck" in the early injected engines (regardless of model) is, in increasing order:

(and correct me if I'm wrong guys ;) )

Cold air intake

Headers/extractors - exhaust side

Remap (a la Hi Velocity)

MAF delete and MAP ECU replacement (tune, etc ....)

Turbo (tune, etc ....)

Engine swap

with the ol M30 we have a problem.The NZ new 535 were configured to run on leaded gas,no oxygen sensor and a different ecu than the M 30 in the rest of the world.I have heard that the ecu is the same as the e28,wether this is actually true i dont know.

no e28 completly different ecu setup

E34 535i ECU similar to E30 325i.

no , similer box to late 325i e30 but different programming etc

I think the general consensus for "bang for buck" in the early injected engines (regardless of model) is, in increasing order:

(and correct me if I'm wrong guys ;) )

Cold air intake

Headers/extractors - exhaust side

Remap (a la Hi Velocity)

MAF delete and MAP ECU replacement (tune, etc ....)

Turbo (tune, etc ....)

Engine swap

yes thats about right .

there is no cheap hp in these engines ,

i think a proper remap of the ecu or

map-ecu2 add on system is probably the best proformance gain on the m30 engine.

also a lighter single mass flywheel and new clutch is a good upgrade to the origanal dual mass flywheel.

diff gear ratio change . 3.73 or 3.91 etc

Agreed.

Contact Boris (MrE34) on here for info on these, he is very knowledgeable on such maters and his M535i with the MapECU went very nicely indeed.

As always, great info and advice guys. Thankyou very much. i shall pass this info on.

Cheers Don