Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

RB30DET powered E30 Mongrel FS

A friend of a friend has advised that he's looking to sell his recently finished project.

Its an e30 318i coupe

Engine:

RB30DET tuned for 350rwkw

Gearbox :

Sequential air shift 4 speed

Rear end :

BA falcon XR6 turbo LSD, with custom axles

It has been certed. Pics and contact number available. PM if genuinely interested in buying

Lots more pics available. Please PM if genuinely interested in buying. Owner told me that it has ran a 12 down the 1/4... Obvious traction issues with street tyres.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is some more details the owner has passed on :

this BMW of mine has an RB30 block, DOHC R33det Skyline head with Variable Cam Timing (that works), massive T70 turbo, Link G3 ecu, massive ali race radiator, 510cc injectors, highly modified Jatco 4 speed sequential transmission with air shift (you can change gear from buttons on the steering wheel) and a BA Falcon turbo LSD 3.45:1 diff. The transmission also has a transbrake fitted.. allowing you to lock the wheels by selecting 1st gear and reverse at the same time while the brakes are applied. This is so you can use antilag to get the engine into its peak torque range before you let the wheels unlock. All CV joints are BA Falcon and the rear 5 stud hubs are also BA Falcon. The front hubs were custom machined from high tensile 4140 round billet steel to match the Falcon 5 stud pattern yet have the correct offset for the Nissan offset wheels that the car runs. The rear brakes are standard discs, while the fronts are slotted racing ones with Bendix pads. The wheels are 17 by 8 on the front and a MASSIVE 17 by 10 on the rear. The tyres on the back are like 245's. It has adjustable Koni's in the rear and KYB's in the front. The wheels are DTM 'drift' and aligned the look of the car with what I was trying to achieve. The idea was to bridge the styling between the ever popular drift scene and combine it with a euro classic, but more suited to drag racing and everyday street driving.

There is a B&M american ratchet shifter (like all the pro drag cars have) in place of the original. This allows you to choose either the air shift mode or the manual ratchet shift. There is a drag racing auto change function also. There is anti lag which is operational when the brakes and more than 90% of throttle are applied at the same time, i'e: on the starting line.

The only things that this car could probably do with would be a bit of paint and colour coding the bumpers and maybe adding racing seats. The interior has seen a bit of modification too... Like for example.. because of the engines size under the bonnet, there was no room in the engine bay for the brake booster and master cyl. These were moved to under the dash where the glove box used to be. There have been about 6 gauges added including digital pressure control and display of the boot mounterd air compressor, a shift light, air/fuel ratio gauge, oil pressure, oil temp, boost.

The engine made 1980Nm at the wheels (so at least 620 Nm at the flywheel) and was tuned by Karl Rudermann of E&H Motors. He has a very good reputation with RB engines.

The only reason Im looking to move on is because I have a large mortgage!

It owes me over 20k not including labour!

The engine made 1980Nm at the wheels

quoted for awesomeness