Sign in to follow this  
skinnerryan

1995 318i

Hi everyone

I hope i dont get boo'ed out with this post but i was hoping for some advice from people in the know about beemers. I rear ended another car and did damage to my front bumper, grill, the hood and the radiator (thermostat housing). The panel beater is quoting me 4000$ to fix everything which is about what the car is worth. As I just bought it I dont really want to put anymore cash into it. The car is mint besides this damage. Is anyone looking for a fixer project or have any suggestions on what to do?

Appreciate the help,

Ryan S

In terms of the body work, what color is it? If it is a rare color, I would say walk away as getting panels resprayed and blended will cost a fortune, if it is a common color then by all means hunt for some replacement panels in the same color along with the rest of the parts needed.

This was the sole reason I wrecked my previous E30 after a nose to tail because it wasn't financially worthwile to replace 4 or 5 panels + paint as it was a rare color.

My 2c

I take it you don't have full insurance and it was your fault?we all make mistakes

If so i'd be parting it out myself or just putting it up on trademe. I'm assuming you have a usual "showing its age" condition 318

it's charcoal grey so relatively common color. and yeah, i only have 3rd party (doh!). of course there is normal wear and tear of a 15 year old car.

thing is, i'm not real handy in the garage at all and a novice bmw owner...

call the wreckers?

email me some pics can quote the job for you if you want