Sign in to follow this  
5amchris

School Project

Remote Control StockCar Tank.

49CC Water cooled motor from the moto gp race bikes [Mini bikes]

Can pull 65ish KM/h With someone on a bike so will be lighter then a person.

All the "StockCar" bits can be removed to take all the weight off and have some fun =D

As you can see alot of work to go but should be very fun.

Getting some bimmersport stickers for the beast also =}

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by 5amchris

Awesome, My school didn't have workshop :(

Wish I could've done this sort of stuff!

keep us informed man!

Looks awesome and puts out good speed considering the extra weight.

Some boys at a school i used to teach at made something similar but i think they used a 125cc motorbike engine.

WOW !!

When I did metalwork at school, we made Keyrings, Fruit Bowl and a Coffee Table :blink: :blink:

Nothing as cool as this :ph34r: :ph34r:

More schools should be like yours - might keep students interested and keep them coming each day !!

Haha thats all i go to school for now only have a few weeks left =D we have one of the best workshops in NZ have plasma cutters mig/tig/arc mills, spray booth ,hoist all you should ever need =D

More schools should be like yours - might keep students interested and keep them coming each day !!

+1

I think you would be surprised how many schools are like this now!

But i'm like you, only cool things we made were custom belt buckles and floppy disk cases :rolleyes:

@ Chris...so when it's completed who get's too keep it? as i'm assuming a few people are building this.

Its Sam and no its just myself that has built it.

Cost is just up around the $1000 mark with the motor all the steel the servos and controller [Has 2KM range]

not cheap but has been fun.

Sorry mate, already started replying and presumed username would have something to do with yours :lol:

I have only realised this is much smaller than i had originaly had thought, which is why i thought a few were building it...very cool though...you will have to youtube some vids when its done!!

Edited by cliffdunedin

Haha thats all i go to school for now only have a few weeks left =D we have one of the best workshops in NZ have plasma cutters mig/tig/arc mills, spray booth ,hoist all you should ever need =D

Our school had an awesome metal room aswell, had all the gear. Then some a**hole burnt it down because he didnt want to do his assignment or some crap. I spent a whole year in the metal room.

Looks like a cool project.

Sorry mate, already started replying and presumed username would have something to do with yours :lol:

I have only realised this is much smaller than i had originaly had thought, which is why i thought a few were building it...very cool though...you will have to youtube some vids when its done!!

2M long its not that small =D

Biggest regret at high school?

Taking calculus over hard tech and not being able to do this kind of stuff.

Biggest regret at high school?

Taking calculus over hard tech and not being able to do this kind of stuff.

Haha me too! Mind you at my school I would have been making a belt buckle or a ring or something boring. And I needed calc for uni anyway.

So maybe not my biggest regret.

:wacko::lol:

Looks like a badass project though! Would love to see vids on youtube when it's done

Whack some kidney grills on the front to go with the stickers

its a shame your not in auckland i could get you some l8 mod bmw bumpers to cut up and make it look like a real one hell i think iv even some broken z4 lights you could use.... just an idea

plastic welding can be very fun.

Edited by btccm3

Can I have it? Admittedly I'd pull it apart and slap a dirty GSXR100 motor in it....then do skids.

Seriously cool project!!!!!

Can I have it? Admittedly I'd pull it apart and slap a dirty GSXR100 motor in it....then do skids.

Seriously cool project!!!!!

"skid cart" now that sounds like fun

haha nah i will keep with the stockcar idea atm if i get bored i might try myself with some body work and make a E30 body or something =S

cough*

http://oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php...749&start=0

If you've got a spare GSXR100 i've always had dreams of making a kart that would lead to great injuries.

/thread cluttering

project looks great. Would you be able to get some more photos of the suspension? and how is the rear axle mounted?

cough*

http://oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php...749&start=0

If you've got a spare GSXR100 i've always had dreams of making a kart that would lead to great injuries.

/thread cluttering

project looks great. Would you be able to get some more photos of the suspension? and how is the rear axle mounted?

Hahaha you probly dont wanna see that part =D

I used a pre-made quad bike frame that was made in japan it dont look pretty =D springs i made myself with spring steel [just about cut my arm off doing this =D]

But will get some pics for you to giggle at =}