Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

E38 740iL

looking at a 740iL, im just wondering what opinion people that have them have. would buy again? whats fuel economy like on them? is a prefacelift so the M60 engine i believe.

Anything on these cars to check when i have a look at it? is an ex-Singapore, is that okay?

thanks guys!

Andy

Simple answer.If its Singapore stay away.

The m60 is gutless compared to the 62.

Ive owned/bought/sold 5 in the last 18mths or so-no majors with any of them.

Cooling systems fail usually around 100ks-make sure its been done

Make sure abs doesnt die-$800 for used pump,2300 for new lol.

I love them!!!!!!!z

Simple answer.If its Singapore stay away.

The m60 is gutless compared to the 62.

Ive owned/bought/sold 5 in the last 18mths or so-no majors with any of them.

Cooling systems fail usually around 100ks-make sure its been done

Make sure abs doesnt die-$800 for used pump,2300 for new lol.

I love them!!!!!!!z

M60, gutless ha.

Head bolts need replacing around 200,000km mark.......they break.

shame its a singapore car, I want a 740/750iL so much, so cool when they're dropped with tints

have heard issues with the singapore ones. usually higher spec but cant rely on the kms to tell you how much its been used coz of thier idling traffic etc. its also right on 200,000 as well :S maybe ill let it slide

looking at a 740iL, im just wondering what opinion people that have them have. would buy again? whats fuel economy like on them? is a prefacelift so the M60 engine i believe.

Anything on these cars to check when i have a look at it? is an ex-Singapore, is that okay?

thanks guys!

Andy

Avoid any ex-singapore car. They have massive electrical issues.

I have a 1999 NZ new E38 and love it. On a trip driven quietly it's easy to get 10l/100km. Drving arround town and with some fast take offs at the lights I get about 15l/100km. Very comfortable car with lots of advanced features.

If you can find a 2000 model with the widescreen dispaly and the clear indicators.

I've yet to see a Singapore import with electrical issues that everyone keeps going on about, we have quite a few BMWs of all models coming in that had been imported from there and have all been fine? Just the usual issues that the NZ ones have.

And yes around 200,000-250,000km. Easy enough to just replace one by one though, will be doing mine soon.

I've yet to see a Singapore import with electrical issues that everyone keeps going on about, we have quite a few BMWs of all models coming in that had been imported from there and have all been fine? Just the usual issues that the NZ ones have.

And yes around 200,000-250,000km. Easy enough to just replace one by one though, will be doing mine soon.

Thats interesting to know in a good way!

ArchibaldBarr european sales down here in CHCH were gonna turn my sale away if my old E39 was a singapore import..they just have a bad wrap for some reason, was amazed they would turn a sale away over it, lucky it was a Jappa :D