Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 Series Unfinished Project

Title says it all =(

Panel beater bills just gone up by $700 and I just can't afford it. Needed that money to get it road legal.

Cars just had almost all of the rust removed. Rear Bumper has just been repainted, whole car has been polished and painted. Sun Roof sealed. Rollcage and inside has been painted grey, with a hardener inside the paint so you can bump your helmet on it and it won't mark.

Will come with excellent condition dash board. Rego goes in december. no WOF yet.

Also has 2 red jamex imola seats brand new and 2 silver jamex 6 point harnesses also brand new.

Has all homologation and log book paid for... And also has new series king springs

Really really disappointed and let down with this. Really wanted to get out and race, but unless I can get a secure job or win the lottery can't afford to build this thing and tbh I just want a car to use.

Paid 4800 for it with just the rollcage and springs, so after all the money and work i've spent to have done on it, Im really after 7ish.

Please don't tell me its worth 5 or 6 because I can't afford to lose the money and if I can't sell it for round 7 the Ill just have it sit in the driveway til I can afford it.

Also, 7 just happens to be how much James's M325....

Better pictures to come

post-5250-1288582109.jpg

post-5250-1288582121.jpg

post-5250-1288582131.jpg

Edited by Gotheschu

Hey mate, shame to see this in the For Sale section. Whats up with the $700 bill? Does it require that before it can be road legal or could that be done later? I have paid off a panel beaters bill before with weekly payments. Maybe you could ask about that option. GLWS otherwise. :)

Hey mate, shame to see this in the For Sale section. Whats up with the $700 bill? Does it require that before it can be road legal or could that be done later? I have paid off a panel beaters bill before with weekly payments. Maybe you could ask about that option. GLWS otherwise. :)

Yea. I feel really bad about having to sell it. He did a cash deal with us, and he told us to estimate round 480 so on Saturday I paid the *** and today got a call saying that the materials and all is another 700.

And Thanks.

Edited by Gotheschu

Just get ANY job mate, lots of casual jobs will be popping up now with Christmas/New Years approaching, not just retail, fruit and vege markets like MG's, Turners, Freshmax go crazy this time of year, I could work 12 hr days 6 days a week last year by late november. night fill jobs etc also come up,

Always easier to get a job when your actually working for some reason

It's a shame to see people sell projects, you spend so much that you never get anything semi-reasonable back until they're completed, just stop spending, sort yourself out financially, you might not make this years season, but theres plenty of track days etc to have fun with, you've done well to get what you have at your age so don't throw it all away without thinking about it very hard

Learn to walk before you run haha it's all patience, I wanted to sell my E30 so many times while getting it sorted but it was worth it once it was DONE

I'd be saying to the panel beater that since the estimate is so far off the final figure you want a reasonable time to pay it off, so you don't have to stress, cash job or not thats a big shift, as said above

Just get ANY job mate, lots of casual jobs will be popping up now with Christmas/New Years approaching, not just retail, fruit and vege markets like MG's, Turners, Freshmax go crazy this time of year, I could work 12 hr days 6 days a week last year by late november. night fill jobs etc also come up,

Always easier to get a job when your actually working for some reason

It's a shame to see people sell projects, you spend so much that you never get anything semi-reasonable back until they're completed, just stop spending, sort yourself out financially, you might not make this years season, but theres plenty of track days etc to have fun with, you've done well to get what you have at your age so don't throw it all away without thinking about it very hard

Learn to walk before you run haha it's all patience, I wanted to sell my E30 so many times while getting it sorted but it was worth it once it was DONE

I'd be saying to the panel beater that since the estimate is so far off the final figure you want a reasonable time to pay it off, so you don't have to stress, cash job or not thats a big shift, as said above

Yea man, I've been applying advertising and had one on day of work thanks to Jono.

Patience wise. This may sound stupid but I want a car to drive places with. Sick of getting a bus and riding my bike into town all the time. I thought I'd have the race car on the road by now, most laugh when I say its gonna be my day to day car I didn't care about that I just want a car to use! But can't afford to get it on the road til after new years after this last bill.

At the moment, Im just disheartened with it, haven't had it home for 2 months as the panel beater took his time and now its cost me what I wanted to spend on wheels and a WOF. So Im kind of in the mind set where I would prefer a M325 and be able to go out without checking a bus timetable or wearing lycra on a bike.

What bank are you with?

ANZ have a $1000 interest free overdraft. costs $5 a month if you use it... thought about that? I'm sure other banks will have similar.. a short term solution, much better than finance/credit cards

What bank are you with?

ANZ have a $1000 interest free overdraft. costs $5 a month if you use it... thought about that? I'm sure other banks will have similar.. a short term solution, much better than finance/credit cards

KiwiBank. Already got payments to make for my school laptop...

Im just checking interest for the car because if someone offered me 7 for it Id say yes and go buy James M325i if its still for sale or another Mtech2 325. Still an E30 but only good for track days =)

Will have a chat to a mate of mine Jack. This might be what he is after. But don't hold your breath. Will ask around work and some of my customers and see if they have any work for you. But the automotive industry is really suffering at the moment.

Will have a chat to a mate of mine Jack. This might be what he is after. But don't hold your breath. Will ask around work and some of my customers and see if they have any work for you. But the automotive industry is really suffering at the moment.

Thanks mate.

If it doesn't sell it doesn't sell and it'll just have to sit around.

What bank are you with?

most banks have those, gotta be a student and over 18 to get them I think. I have 2k interest free with Westpac.

I think you should keep it, even if you have to wait longer.

Surely your parents have some POS car you can drive around?

Edited by antil33t

most banks have those, gotta be a student and over 18 to get them I think. I have 2k interest free with Westpac.

I think you should keep it, even if you have to wait longer.

Surely your parents have some POS car you can drive around?

Mum doesn't want me in her Laguna and Dads only just realizing how much the 4,6is drinks so doesn't want me using that all the time.... and mum hates the fact im bulding a race car. She wouldn't even pay for the seats. =( Edited by Gotheschu

No Offense - but if you wanted to go racing bad enough, you would put up with busing/biking for as long as it needed.

I think it was Possum who said if your not working 2 - 3 jobs you don't want it bad enough...

Hunters Plaza Christmas Temp - Casual

Contact Centre Customer Support - Smith and Smith

P/T-General Retail Helper-Warehouse Person - Tradezone

Student IT Assistance - Abuzzy Motorhomes

Kitchen Attendant ( i worked from 6pm - 2am friday and saturday nights to afford a national sporting trip - missed a lot of school parties for that trip...)

Casual Service Centre Representative - Datam Ltd

Part Time Data Entry Clerk - Datam Ltd

Hit the recruitment firms as they will deal with a lot of temp companies for x-mass time, hit up the fruit/vegie grows they always need pickers/sorters/packagers (i sorted and packed Courgette for 2 summers...)

Hit up Student Job Search... http://www.sjs.co.nz/Default.aspx

What needs to be done to make it road legal?

Make a list and people here might be able to help you... Weather it's telling you how to fix it or coming over and spending a afternoon fixing stuff with you.

There is a E30 down at pick a part right now that you could use to get some parts from should you need parts.

Sell a Seat and Harness - you don't need a co-driver for track work or clubman events.

PS: Building cars is never easy - the 205 was off the road for most of this year because of it needing work... I've spent a stupid amount just fixing crap - it's also going to be off the road the whole summer because the shifter is broken, and it needs all new suspension... Sometimes you just need to put it under a cover for a month or two before your motivation comes back... Many a time over the last 2 years i've wanted to melt my car down and turn it into a Bird Bath... I've had the same thing... Earlier this year thought i was going to get a 800 - 900 bill for my rear brakes - it quickly turned into a 3 grand bill.

Edited by DRTDVL

did say up top im checking for interest at least I think i put it there.

But I am only checking for interest. Haven't had the car with me for round 3 months now, so just losing the motivation but that blurb really got me going again. WELL DONE haha. Im going to take some time off studying tomorrow and go abuse and try and make a deal with the panel beater.

Ill get there, when your a eager teen whose friends are all gonig on trips to Rotorua and everything and your car has been gone for months, just got me thinking, and this bill just kinda pushed it.

Also, got dad saying trying to get me to sell it but ya got me going again. If i manage to get it back tomorrow you'll see heaps of updates on the project thread =)

Did you say you were located in Bucklands Beach Jack? If so let me know if you ever need a hand. I also have a crapton of spares I have collected. There is a parts E30 in my garage which is almost complete too.

Can also sus you out with pads/rotors/brake fluid/Elf engine oil etc. Will cut some of your costs down. I wish I had done what you are doing at your age. So I don't mind helping.

Did you say you were located in Bucklands Beach Jack? If so let me know if you ever need a hand. I also have a crapton of spares I have collected. There is a parts E30 in my garage which is almost complete too.

Can also sus you out with pads/rotors/brake fluid/Elf engine oil etc. Will cut some of your costs down. I wish I had done what you are doing at your age. So I don't mind helping.

NOT FOR SALE

Ok, going aganist Dad.

Hopefully car will be back home with me for a long long time tomorrow. Rollcage padding sitting in my room and the number of the authority card guy. Im set, just waiting for the car.

Ill sort it out, this panel beater, and see you guys at the auckland meet on the 20th.

Thanks Driftit, DRTDVL and Andy ( BMW3) all the help and assistance =) Appreciate it!

Could a mod delete this thread pleasseeee =)

Glad you're doing the right thing sir :)

Mum doesn't want me in her Laguna and Dads only just realizing how much the 4,6is drinks so doesn't want me using that all the time....

Nither of those sound particularly POSLike. :P

Edited by antil33t

dont do cashies with panelbeaters, or any tradesman for that matter. although there are other reasons too, they generally do them when they havent tackled the job before (ie working on an E30), and offer them to get the car in the workshop and get a good poke around the car, and/or if they are not 100% sure they can do a brilliant job etc etc. they also target younger people who are thinking about the money they save, and not the sacrifice in quality.

Unfortunately, its not going through the books so you actually have no comeback when the job turns out to be sh*t quality and over budget which is often the case. they can just say they offered it to you as a GST inclusive quote for $xxxx.

this is from experience. id rather pay my 15% extra on the rare occassion i get work done on my car now, and have the fallback should i need it.

Have you ever stripped wallpaper before?

I have 45 units that need stripping before xmas.

Have you ever stripped wallpaper before?

I have 45 units that need stripping before xmas.

You cruel bugger haha.

45 units? yea ill do anything... ( except scrap sht off rangi public toliets.) Might say no to that =)

It is essentially scraping sh*t off walls.

I have your number and will be in touch.

It is essentially scraping sh*t off walls.

I have your number and will be in touch.

Thanks Ash!