Sign in to follow this  
$toffz

Aston One-77

^ He's dead right, last time I came back from fathers day drags it was like every d*ck head now thought he was doing 400m sprints all the way home.

/\ I read that in the motoring section of last weeks Herald. Good points.

The Aston could at least have wheels that fill out the guard, the gap around the tyre annoys me.

The Aston could at least have wheels that fill out the guard, the gap around the tyre annoys me.

should chuck it on some chopped springs, will sort it all right out

2.6 million dollars. For an Aston.

And there is nothing like the surreal feeling of driving home under the speed limit after a track day. So relaxing, feeling the heat cycled tires squirm a bit, the softer brake pedal lazily push back on your foot, the sound of the jack handle rolling in the stripped out boot, hearing the engine at constant low revs for the first time in hours, feeling your helmet hair flow in the breeze.. ahhh

Hmmm. I'd rather have every M car that existed than one of those, with lots of spare change.

At least you could enjoy those.. rather than having this overly expensive show case car parked in a garage 99% of the year.

I wonder who owns it..

Also, yeah Eric T makes some excellent articles, my favorite Herald writer.

Edited by Achtzylinder

wonder how much the insurance is on this.

Proably won't need it if he can afford something like this. I would put a wild guess at 200k per year on premium with 40k excess.

Proably won't need it if he can afford something like this. I would put a wild guess at 200k per year on premium with 40k excess.

times 2 or 3 =D

Well i for one say good on him. How many here can honestly say if they had that kind of money wouldn't make some totally irational purchase.

And before you all start saying "What's the point, the speed limit is 100kph so why buy something so fast/powerfull?"

Well even your old 316 auto' will do 120kph so why buy that?

At least you could enjoy those.. rather than having this overly expensive show case car parked in a garage 99% of the year.

What makes you think he won't use and enjoy it and park it in a garage 99% of the time?

wonder how much the insurance is on this.

I think if he has 2.6 million disposable income to spend on a car he is not going to worry 'bout the cost of insurance.

I know for a fact he will not even bother with any insurance compnies in NZ, pretty sure his insurance will be dealt with through Aston Martin International.

Edited by bellicose

Aston Martin's NZ general manager Lee Small wouldn't name the buyer of the One-77 coupe, saying "he wanted something unique but he wouldn't want the publicity".

LMAO

What clown buy's a 'unique' $2.6m Aston and thinks they will blend in with the masses anyway.....

good on him. it's an awesome bit of kit and I only hope to see it one day.

Well i for one say good on him. How many here can honestly say if they had that kind of money wouldn't make some totally irational purchase.

And before you all start saying "What's the point, the speed limit is 100kph so why buy something so fast/powerfull?"

Well even your old 316 auto' will do 120kph so why buy that?

But we only paid 1-3g for our 316 autos, a wee bit less compared to 2.6mill.

Its coming to Christchurch.....

;)

Hopefully we can get some pics when it arrives.

Ive already got my name on the list for a ride.

Edit...

just spoke to them.

It will show up at Ruapuna when he gets it...

Edited by fuzyfrog

But we only paid 1-3g for our 316 autos, a wee bit less compared to 2.6mill.

Yes you only paid 1% the value of the Aston for your 316 auto', that's because your 316 auto is only 1% of the Aston in all respects.

Yes you only paid 1% the value of the Aston for your 316 auto', that's because your 316 auto is only 1% of the Aston in all respects.

Haha sadly i have a 318 auto, but it beats a 316 auto but def not an aston.

Only an e30 316 though :D naything else would be too close!

Hmmm. I'd rather have every M car that existed than one of those, with lots of spare change.

Doctor: Hello. What seems to be the problem?

Average Bimmersport Member: I'm not sure. Everywhere I look I see gardens of flowers.

Doctor: Ahh, I see. Does this happen everytime you think about someone who has something you can only dream of having, or is very successful?

Average Bimmersport Member: Why yes, now that you mention it that is correct

Doctor: I wouldn't worry, you just have Tall Poppy Syndrome. It is an epidemic in New Zealand. Just take a couple of these green pills and carry on with life.

The Aston must be an epic drive but I'm with you on this one, I've never been one to have all my eggs in one basket.

The Aston must be an epic drive but I'm with you on this one, I've never been one to have all my eggs in one basket.

This sounds very much as though it is a case of one egg in one of many baskets, so why the hell not.