Sign in to follow this  
dix

Good Supplier?

Hi everyone

Where would be a good place to look for a new set of 8 real suspension bushes?

Cheers

Dix

Edited by dix

If by real you mean genuine, look no further than your nearest BMW dealer. if by real you mean OEM quality, then adding your location to your profile will be the first step.

Well, I'm in Wellington but I assume that there're still postal services? So anywhere worldwide would do the job.

As far as my local BMW dealer goes, here's an experience for you. I was recently quoted over $500 for an ABS wheel sensor, but purchased the same article via ebay for US$38!

I think you answered your own question!

I replaced bushes and arms etc in my 540i and got parts ex USA via Ebay - even with the extreme freight charges total cost was still a fraction of anything I could find here.

I would have preferred to buy in NZ, but costs were too much to ignore, even at 'Trade' prices.

Yeh, gotta agree, BMW NZ's parts prices are silly. Theres genuine, and then theres taking the piss!

In all honesty, after playing with some meyle HD bits, Genuine isnt the "end all" of quality, the meyle bits are the shizzle (esp for the price)

Ive now spent $$$$ with http://www.schmiedmann.com/ and give them a two thumbs up for prices and service. Just keep below the $400NZ per order mark and customs charges etc dont come into it. 2 weeks to your door for stuff not in stock, and around a week for stuff in stock seems to be the theme.

ebay is good, but ebay charges sellers to sell, so if you can find the sellers actual website and take ebay outta the loop, youll save coins ;)

Below $400NZ, there are no charges.

What are the customs charges like?

Not too sure if there's any duty on car parts but if over NZ$400 equivalent they just charge 15% GST of your declared amount.

5% duty on car parts + import transaction fee ($35) + Disbursement fee ($10) + GST on the whole lot. It adds up quick. $379US cost me $150NZ in charges.

Keep it below $400NZ ;)

Paul Olsen at Interpart will be able to help if he supplies them.

Interpart

04-566-6391

If not he may be able to point you in the right direction down that way.

5% duty on car parts + import transaction fee ($35) + Disbursement fee ($10) + GST on the whole lot. It adds up quick. $379US cost me $150NZ in charges.

Keep it below $400NZ ;)

Had to email them re: RHD headlights. Either way, it's going to be over 400. .. :unsure: