Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

FS: 89 E30 318i "Motorsport"

Hey guys. have only had the car a short while but something has caught my eye. definately not wanting to sell this car, but i do already have an E30 and three cars is madness...

The Good:

- 89 E30 318i

- NZ New

- Full Tech2 body kit

- Sport seats

- 15" Weaves

- Lachssilber

- Coupe

- M40B18 Manual, open short ratio diff (would say 4.1 at a guess)

- Motorsport suspension

- Sunroof

- Rareish Leather wheel, have heard it called the SE wheel (not tech1 or tech2)

- One of 7 in this spec from the factory, verified a few weeks ago when i went to the dealer to find out

- All electrics work, including the fan working on all 4 settings!!

- Almost completely factory built, only modifications are an aftermarket headerback exhaust (no cat + sports muffler, its not loud and doesnt sound like your typical straight four), pair of rear speakers, a CD headunit, a set of german (NZ replicas) plates and a bimmersport.co.nz sticker

- Most economical car ive ever owned, not hard when the list involves Volvos and Ladas, but hey ha. get around 650kms from the 55 liter approx tank

- Pretty quick for what it is. seems quicker than my M20B20 manual for some reason, and that had a 4.45 diff :S far far quicker than my mates 318i auto as well

The not so good

- dash cracked

- headunit could do with replacement, skips my CDs, could be the CDs fault to be fair ha.

- has had rust cut out of it, filler has cracked and could do with a touch up. inspected and still rust free so havent acted as yet. spoiler could do with a respray while you are at it. Would sort this for the right price

- 274xxx kms, but you wouldnt think its done half that from driving it, obviously been looked after

- Seats and gearknob have seen better days, due to milage

will be after $4000 ono. will add detail/answer questions etc. can take more photos if needed etc

Cheers Andy

Posted Image

Posted Image

more photos next page

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

actually just had a thought, may be best to text/call me, as my inbox is quite full of peoples adresses for the europlate buy so i cant delete them.

Number is 0273079322. churr

If only this was for sale in a month or so...

I think I know what you have you eye on :D

GLWS

well i do have the cash to pick up what i have my eye on, so if your serious and would be willing to put down a deposit now then that could be arranged. Havent had the car checked out yet..

bump

might end up with three cars anyway for now. heart set. damn

have my eye on something yeah. if i get it then the silver E30 has to go. registering/warrenting/insuring one car is enough, and ill have to do the black E30 eventually too. cant jusitfy 3 road cars

really would thought there would be more interest in this. Price too high??

Is it factory Tech-II?

Is it a twin cam?

5-7k will buy a IS

7-10k will buy a M325i.

Motorsport suspension

Would that be M325i struts?

Motorsport suspension

Would that be M325i struts?

yeap + M325i springs front and rear, rear sway bar (not on 320i and 318i usually) and i think the front sway bar is thicker than the regular unit but dont quote me. edit: and the koni's or bilsteins or whatever it is thats factory on the M325i facelifts, would say bilsteins, they are yellow

everything on this car is put on from the factory unless specified in the original post.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Cool. You asked for interest!

Facelift Motorsport’s come with the BOGE Turbo’s.

Would make for a good conversion base.

that it would. its asking for John's M50 conversion, but its not getting it, already have a semi working twincam i dont need another lol

have my eye on something yeah. if i get it then the silver E30 has to go. registering/warrenting/insuring one car is enough, and ill have to do the black E30 eventually too. cant jusitfy 3 road cars

really would thought there would be more interest in this. Price too high??

If i had the money man, i'd be more than happy to be the next owner to take care of it. but i'm too poor ae. give it a couple more days or week, im sure some1 will buy it.

Its a nice looking E30

Dam. If the race car insurance gets too much and/or it gets broken into again. Ill send you a PM with your asking price =)

if E30s are looked after they make great dailys, as this one has. ive been dailying an E30 for close on four years, this one for the last two months or so, and lots of people do. i can get around 650per tank, though i dont let it get to the bottom of the tank. maintenence parts are pretty cheap if they fail as well.

Can take more photos, what would you like photos of?

thanks for that

just that those pics are bit hard to see what it really looks like side view and in more light etc?

if you want to send to my email its byza213@hotmail.com or post on here

cheers Byron

upload the pics here. Im also interested in what its like in more detail.

Right so car is for sale. the car im looking at was too much to resist lol.

here are some pictures. should point out three things:

1/ car needs a wash, paint comes up really nice with a wash, im just sick today or i would have done it

2/ Will get spolier and cracked filler redone for the right price

3/ The headunit shown will not come with the car, i just put that one in out of the black car for now. found out the headunit that was in it used a Sony plug even though it wasnt Sony, who would have thunk.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Would advise a view of the car to satisfy yourself. Am going to Taupo in the second week of January so can deliver as far as that then. Can pick you up from wellington airport for viewing etc

will be listed on trademe if not enough interest here.

bump. got someone interested but would rather it stayed in the BimmerSport family haha

Price looowwwweeeerrrreeedddd $3500

or make an offer. trades for cars/parts/PS3/etc welcome

got to go before christmas!